So let's sum up the problems with the Spirit
During the PTB (and now):
- too long cooldown
- too much perks countering her main power (UE, IW, Lithe + DwM, Lightweight, Q&Q etc)
- too slow for such disadvantages in her power
- disability to move while charging and disability to see survivors while charging, also long charge time
Now:
- all above
- instant blind with a flashlight
- jet engine sound while chanelling, so the survivors ALWAYS know where you are when using your power, which totally breaks """MIND GAMES"""
- sparkles on her husk while using her power, so the survivors ALWAYS know when you are using it
- (minor problem) her sounds
- instead of her TR being a zone where survivors can't hear her chanelling, we have a mere 8m zone (and I bet even this 8m isn't working, I heard her using her power while standing directly behind her)
- disability to see blood, and a need to rely on DELAYED and BUGGED scratchmarks and sounds (Stridor), which would be good if we could see the blood as well (and the scratchmarks could not be delayed...)
What buffs could we esxpect? What fixes? The killer is almost unplayable on high ranks and without the best addons and perks. Her power does not justify the big disadvantages like 20s cooldown, charge time, 110% movement speed, disability to see blood etc etc. And now she is even weaker than she was during the PTB.
What's the official statement from the devs about her? Would you do something with her to make her competetive and fun to play against and as? Would you make her balanced? Because now she is not balanced at all. She can be countered with too many things, and at the same time, she has very few tools to take an advantage over a survivor. Survivor has more tools than she has, and this is HER power.
I appreciate the hard work you put in designing and making her, her aesthetics are very well done, the power is designed good as well, but she needs buffs, or she will replace the Freddy at the bottom of the killers' tier.
Comments
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/137208/#Comment_137208
I don't blame you for not combing every thread, but they are doing something.
Yeah, but this thread is like a summary, because there is X threads about Y problem, Z threads about A problem etc.
Sure - it just looked like that thread answered a few of the questions like "What's the official statement from the devs about her?" since they wouldn't be improving those things if they thought the current state was good enough.
Also, forgive me if I'm wrong but how is UE any different than just walking away from the spirit? I dunno if I'd call that perk a counter like IW / DwM / Q&Q are.
best killar evar u r just noob dont no how 2 play her!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!1!111!!! bettar than nurse!!!!!!!!11111!1!1111!!!!!
It is a good counter, because unlike walking, you can actually hide with UE, so the Spirit will have harder time finding you again, or just finding you. With walking you can dodge her power, but not always hide behind obstacles.
Co'mon guys, didn't we complain when they nerfed Freddy in 2 weeks after release? XD
Hot damn, that's pretty much how everyone else responds when I say she's weak.
10/10 imitation skills right there.
My problem with her is as survivor, she does this glitchy walk thing where she fades in and out. I really think they should either remove that or tone it down because it makes it too easy for her to juke you. I'm all for making her power better too, but this is something I've noticed on the other side that bugs the hell outta me.
Well, the Killer has no idea when it happens, and she's supposed to be a mindgaming Killer so that's kind of a moot point.