I hate the ban penalty
Yes, I know that the ban penalty is there for people who actually abuse it, but, I honestly hate it when i'm FORCED to quit the game. I don't rage quit or disconnect if the killer is playing in a way that frustrates me. But I spent about 20 minutes getting the update ready to go. I was forced to quit because an error was found in my game files. I was in a middle of a game when this showed up and I really don't know how this fix this issue. But I really wish they didn't give out a ban penalty for players who were basically forced to quit. :/
Comments
I'm sure that if there was an easy and reliable way to tell when someone "leaves" a match for a reason outside of their control, it wouldn't be punished. But any attempts of that I can think of could just be abused.
Connection drop is considered "legit"? People just disconnect their internet. Hell, if the game somehow detected crashed with 100% certainty people might just find some way to force a crash or "crash-like event". It's unfortunate, but most likely you either accept there will be some collateral damage or you open the system up for abuse.
At least the first levels of DC timeout aren't that long, so most people with issues outside of their control won't get locked out for too long.