New Passive Aggressive Insult: "DbD w/Training Wheels"
So as some of you know, I'm trying to learn new Killers. Taking Myers to the top has had an unintended consequence. I now only pull Red and/or Purple Rank Survivors for the most part. Trying to learn a new Killer with next to nothing in the tank but the basics is some mean ground to till. I'm sticking with it though, despite the frequent and thorough kicking of my butt. My Killer Rank, naturally drops quickly as I play the other guys. To keep from getting totally demoralized, I will stop and play some Myers now and then. Oh, and by the way, I've noticed that the more I play the other Killers, the more it breaks down my Myers form.
I'm not playing him too seriously, but rather to try and complete some old Rift stuff from the tomes previous to this one. So, my main goal is to finish Rifts. My current one is to pull two Survivors (Grab) off Generators while using the Perk: Discordance. It doesn't specify that I have to use Legion, so I figure Spooky Myers is a good call with his zero terror radius. My build is:
Myers w/Scratched Mirror+Boyfriend's Memo
Discordance
Ruin,
Undying
Play With Your Food
*To keep it interesting, I'm not choosing the map. I'm taking whatever map the Entity selects, or the Survivors put in. That is why I threw in the Ruin+Undying as the odds of getting a large map are much higher than getting a small, indoor one. I figure with slow old Spooky I need some slow down. All in all, I'm not expecting to do well. If I can just get two grabs, however, I'm golden. To be nice, I've been putting in Party Streamers and such.
The match begins. I wasn't paying attention, so I don't know if the map was random or the Survivors chose it. It is the Ormond, naturally. As the updated one hasn't come out yet, I am on what is probably the most Survivor friendly map, playing a SLOW Myers who by build cannot get out of Tier-1. I do have the wall hack, but the size of the Ormond and the way it is laid out cuts into that advantage a bit. Worse still, the basement is NOT in the central building; it is out in the middle of nowhere in the shack. It couldn't even throw me a basement bone.
I was kind of surprised (in a good way) that Discordance did immediately tell me where some Survivors were. They were far away starting a cooperative Generator, but at least I had a place to go. I'm not going to break down the entire match (although I did record it). It suffices to say that I wore them down with my normal attrition route. There were two Red Rank and two Purple. I wished them a good game, and got:
"DbD with Training Wheels" ...I guess in reference to my build. :) This is perhaps the most passive aggressive attempt to shame me I've seen yet. I was like, "Dude... I just beat you with one of the slowest Killers on one of the most Survivor-weighted maps... don't talk to me about training wheels." What is it with people today? No one can OWN their own losses. They seem thrilled to take credit for their wins, but no responsibility whatsoever when the game goes south. Then it is always the other side's fault for playing dirty or using "training wheels". It isn't my fault that they didn't try to Loop me to death (they had enough tools for it). It isn't my fault they didn't seem to figure out I was a Spooky Myers. By all rights, they SHOULD have destroyed me. I didn't win that game; it was their game to lose.
Why am I ranting and telling you this garbage? I want more of you to own your games. That means you accept that your losses are YOUR losses. You take pride in those wins (although it is always better to be humble about them with others). I don't think anyone is going to get better without embracing their own role in whatever bad thing happens to them in this game.
Comments
Ruin/Undying is meta right now and Discordance is a solid perk. I'm pretty sure they were just trying to get a rise out of you and...it worked.
Decisive survivor victory.
Hey to make you feel better I play an absolutely terrible huntress and I've been imprisoned in red ranks for a long time. I just don't ever play her and I dusted her off yesterday just for filler while I was rushing through the archives.
The survivors were nice but I think my accuracy that round hovered around 25%. I was so embarrassed.
The rise wasn't the insult itself. I'm not self-conscious about my builds. I have always said I will camp, tunnel, slug, and Mori if a match requires it. I will use whatever Builds are legal. It just bugs me that nobody can take any personal responsibility. They played BADLY. They should own it. How the hell else will they get better? I just got my butt kicked by a great Team on one of the Japanese maps. No two ways about it; I played poorly and they played great. It is as easy as that.
I mean people started calling ruin undying a small pp build, but those same people are the ones running DS+unbreakable so fire vs fire.
It's amazing that you are learning new killers props bud!.
Btw, use what you want, whoever says not to should keep that to themselves, you bought the game.
DbD is advantages over skill on both sides, at least for the majority of players. Idc the wording.
I don't like it, but once you understood that, you get numbed to everything what could happen in a match.
Naw, theys just salty, dont pay it no mind. Entitled survivors get pissed about anything