Survivor Perk Idea: Now or Never

When you enter the 2nd stage of sacrifice on a hook, you will receive 2/3/4 difficult skill checks WHILE YOU STRUGGLE. Hitting a skill check grants a 7% chance of immediately pulling off the hook. If the killer is within 10 meters of your hook, you gain an additional 3% chance.

Comments

  • A problem with this perk is the same as Slippery Meat, it's luck-based. Sure, being able to have 4 attempts for a 10% chance to free yourself off a second hook is great but in the end of the day, there's a possibility it won't work and you just wasted a perk slot.

  • @Saltjar34 said:

    A problem with this perk is the same as Slippery Meat, it's luck-based. Sure, being able to have 4 attempts for a 10% chance to free yourself off a second hook is great but in the end of the day, there's a possibility it won't work and you just wasted a perk slot.

    I totally see where you’re coming from, but I think it’d be way too powerful if it were a guaranteed unhook. It’s for this reason that nobody picks Slippery Meat over Deliverance. The specialty here is that it’s for the 2nd hook stage and there is no alternative perk that can do this.

    Now to your point of it being a potentially wasted perk slot, let’s sweeten the deal with these additions:

    1. Perks and offering that affect Luck will affect this perk (so the 7-10% is just base level)
    2. Since these 4 skill checks are very difficult (imagine Brand New Part along with struggling on the hook), each one you hit gives significant bloodpoints. Each successful hit should award 1000 bloodpoints to the Survival category. This could dramatically make up for the points you lose if bad luck causes you to die on hook anyway and not escape.
  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777672#Comment_1777672

    I totally see where you’re coming from, but I think it’d be way too powerful if it were a guaranteed unhook. It’s for this reason that nobody picks Slippery Meat over Deliverance. The specialty here is that it’s for the 2nd hook stage and there is no alternative perk that can do this.

    Now to your point of it being a potentially wasted perk slot, let’s sweeten the deal with these additions:

    1. Perks and offering that affect Luck will affect this perk (so the 7-10% is just base level)
    2. Since these 4 skill checks are very difficult (imagine Brand New Part along with struggling on the hook), each one you hit gives significant bloodpoints. Each successful hit should award 1000 bloodpoints to the Survival category. This could dramatically make up for the points you lose if bad luck causes you to die on hook anyway and not escape.
    1. Makes sense. That might just make Up the Ante viable
    2. Okay here's the deal with perks that gives bloodpoints during the match. For some reason, there is a hardcap to how many bloodpoints you can get in one category. That's why bloodpoint modifiers that work during the trial are unpreferable because you can't go past the hardcap and why post trial bloodpoint modifiers are so commonly run is because they let you go past said hardcap. I would prefer if it gave you a token that increases the bloodpoints you get post-trial.
  • @Saltjar34 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777867#Comment_1777867

    1. Makes sense. That might just make Up the Ante viable
    2. Okay here's the deal with perks that gives bloodpoints during the match. For some reason, there is a hardcap to how many bloodpoints you can get in one category. That's why bloodpoint modifiers that work during the trial are unpreferable because you can't go past the hardcap and why post trial bloodpoint modifiers are so commonly run is because they let you go past said hardcap. I would prefer if it gave you a token that increases the bloodpoints you get post-trial.

    Ahh believe me the 8000 bp cap in each category is just as annoying to me. The reason I chose Survival is because there’s not really much you can do to earn points there during the actual trial. Yes, you could do a LOT of healing yourself, but that’s about it other than escaping.

    With this arrangement, if you hit a skill check check, you earn the 1000 and still have a shot at getting out (5000 gate, or 7000 hatch). If you hit all 4 skill checks and find yourself still on the hook about to die, at least you’ve made up for most of that 5000 you’re not able to get from the gate. It’s certainly better than the 452 bloodpoints you would earn in the Survival category normally under these circumstances! 😜

    There’s also the fairness factor. Killers have BBQ, survivors have WGLF. As far as I know, those are the only perks that award post-trial bonuses (unless I’m forgetting about some rarely-used perk). I wouldn’t want to give one side an extra perk that does this.

    I think the way it’s described currently provides enough incentive to see moderate use from the community. That said, I absolutely appreciate you sharing your concerns!

  • @yobuddd said:

    When you enter the 2nd stage of sacrifice on a hook, you will receive 2/3/4 difficult skill checks WHILE YOU STRUGGLE. Hitting a skill check grants a 7% chance of immediately pulling off the hook. If the killer is within 10 meters of your hook, you gain an additional 3% chance.

    I like it. I usually play killer but when I do play survivor I often feel I'd risk a quicker death at a chance to unhook in struggle phase.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208821/survivor-perk-idea-now-or-never

    I like it. I usually play killer but when I do play survivor I often feel I'd risk a quicker death at a chance to unhook in struggle phase.

    I know what you mean! Even better is that the way this is set up, there isn’t any penalty for missing a skill check, other than missing out on some bloodpoints. The skill check might pull you of the hook, but if you miss it, it won’t speed up the hook timer any.

  • I don't think there's ever going to be anything that will make me a fan of RNG-based Kobes. As such, I cannot consider myself a fan of this idea.

  • why not just make a perk instead that removes the second stage entirely (only 30 or whatever it is seconds before you die on first hook) but gives you an entire, additional first stage when hooked for the second time (third time is still death)?

    The whole kobe while in struggle phase seems like it would be hard to implement.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    why not just make a perk instead that removes the second stage entirely (only 30 or whatever it is seconds before you die on first hook) but gives you an entire, additional first stage when hooked for the second time (third time is still death)?

    The whole kobe while in struggle phase seems like it would be hard to implement.

    Yeah, but then that’s essentially Slippery Meat which gives you 6 kobe attempts. You’re right though, this may be difficult to implement and the response to this hasn’t been so great anyway.

    I’ve been thinking of other ways to affect 2nd hook stage and have a new idea. I’ll be posting that here in a few moments.