The next experiment could be how it would be if you would buff solo queue
I think experiments in this game can become a very important thing to do. Before the Bloodlust experiment, we always said what we thought would happen if they implemented or changed something, but with experiments, we can actually see what WOULD happen instead of just predicting and saying "This will happen if we do this, end of discussion".
Buffing Solo Queue has been a popular thing to discuss on the forums for a very long time now, I think for example, what would determine if having a totem counter would be too strong would be if we actually got a PTB to test it and give feedback to the devs if it really was too OP. Testing how it would be to have Kindred as base kit would also be awesome!
What are your thoughts about having an experiment about this?
Comments
Making kindred base and a totem counter is a start. If the counter is too much maybe a noise like a ping that only survivors can hear. So if they're paying attention then can count. Seeing other people perks before loading in would help too. Always having an obsession regardless of perks too
I mean if they somehow managed to put solo and swf on an equal playing field then a nerf to swf would be kind of unnecessary but I get what you mean. I think this would be a great thing to test. Maybe they could add a ping system like rainbow six siege or apex.
I would like them to disable Kindred and make it base kit for a weekend. The major imbalance between solo and SWF isn't looping/chase ability. There are some amazing solo players. It's the fact that time optimisation is incredibly easy when you have moment to moment map updates.
How many games as solo have you been on the hook and seen 1 dude being chased while the other 2 run at you from the end of the map wasting valuable time and gen pressure?
Yeah! Kindred would be great to test how it would be like as base kit, using that perk doe makes me sad, I mean it's a wonderful perk as a solo queue player. But having to waste a perk slot for a perk like that is painful.
And to answer your question, I gotta say MANY times. That is one of the reasons why I sometimes run Kindred.
My solo matches are definitely better when I have it on but I get what you mean. SWF players already have the effects of several perk slots for free and having to use 1 of yours solo to get less than half of that effect feels kind of lame.
Solo queue:
Add icons that display what each survivors is doing right now (being chased,repairing a gen,destroying a totem etc.)
Add a different map wide sound effect whenever a dull totem gets cleansed
SWF doesn't need a nerf if we just bring solo queue closer to SWF level and buff killers accordingly if needed
I love both of those ideas. Also, I think I agree, SWF doesn't need a nerf, solo queue just needs a buff.