Can we address the rude people on these forums

I see too many people being rude to people who seem distressed its almost annoying now like really can we do something about that its almost like negativity everywhere and even grown adults are acting like children when you should know better. Can we not act like internet bullies and act mature half of the bullies on here wouldn't even have the guts to say anything like this in real life so let's stop now.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Sadly you can’t change them the only way to get rid of them is let themselves get banned or get in trouble

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Sadly you can’t change them the only way to get rid of them is let themselves get banned or get in trouble

    i've seen a handful with 2k+ comments in the forums whose passive aggressive remarks seem to fly under the radar. its a shame, because even indirect aggression is toxic--especially when it totally disregards the OP's topic.

    i tried to set the foot down against said commenters a few times now. But I must have been too heavy handed because I've been chat banned twice on the forum for talking back.

  • People need to be aware that people across t'interweb are human too, with feelings and rich lives with their own stories to tell. The word is "sonder". Also, a lot more empathy is required. People may disagree on things, but there's no need to act aggressive because of it.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    People need to be aware that people across t'interweb are human too, with feelings and rich lives with their own stories to tell. The word is "sonder". Also, a lot more empathy is required. People may disagree on things, but there's no need to act aggressive because of it.

    Actually I gave up my humanity was absorbed into the internet in the explosion of 1312. While I was waiting for the internet to be invented I succumbed to madness and now, well, here we are.

  • Yeah there's a lot of rude or just overly aggressive people on the forums. There are people who are definitely worth talking too as well. I think that's just going to be the case on the internet unless we as the community do a mass shift ourselves. That's just the nature of any online community.

    However I believe one of the big roadblocks in even attempting this is the streamers who have this same toxic overaggressive attitude, who also have fog whisperer status. A lot of people follow the lead of the streamers in any big game community. I really don't think those streamers should be fog whisperers. It really sends a message that BHVR is ok with that type of behavior (hah), whether they intend to or not.

  • The problem with online messaging is some jokes come off a really mean and serious. Tone and facial expressions make a massive impact.

    I wish more people would just laugh things off though. Feel like people online take things too seriously.

  • If you feel like someone is insulting you or others, please do flag their post and let us take care of it, thank you.