PGTW Adjustment Idea

So, this is an idea to remove the current typical PGTW dull playstyle of, hook a survivor, go and kick a gen, then return to the hook to either tunnel or get an easy down on the rescuer, repeat:

_________________________

For 25/30/35 seconds after Damaging a Generator, the Repair speed for all Survivors Repairing that Generator is reduced by 50%.

Each time that a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a token, up to 4 tokens in total. Damaging a Generator will consume a token and will instantly lose 25% of its progress. Normal generator regression happens after the Damge Generator action.

Comments

  • I do not support making PGTW only work 4 times, and only if you go out of your way to hook everyone at least once. The other effect you propose is not worth it.

  • @TAG said:

    I do not support making PGTW only work 4 times, and only if you go out of your way to hook everyone at least once. The other effect you propose is not worth it.

    Does that mean you think PGTW can stay the say it is?

  • I don't see a need to change PGTW just because killers could tunnel the survivor off hook especially when survivors already have plenty of tools to use to punish tunneling as well.

  • @Onyx_Blue said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768257#Comment_1768257

    Does that mean you think PGTW can stay the say it is?

    Yep.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768257#Comment_1768257

    Well, if you think about it, most matches you already won't be able to use Pop well much more than four times. This version of the perk makes it more flexible, because rather than possibly missing your window to land a pop you get to save that token to use whenever the moment is right. You'd be able to Pop the same gen multiple times without even hooking someone in between too, which is awesome. Encouraging killers to spread out hooks is a good thing for game health too, regardless of the fact that tunneling is sometimes the best play.

    Interestingly enough, I actually wouldn't want this perk to be changed in this way because I think it would be extremely annoying to play against in a three-gen situation. Like, imagine killers like Trapper, Doctor, or Hag using a three-gen strat with this. They could save all of their tokens for defending their three gen, meaning they'd have four Pops to use at will on their three gen, and even normal kicks could seriously hinder survivors trying to finish those gens.

    I believe it is more than possible to use Pop more than four times in most matches. Not every time, but enough to make the perk one of the best Killer perks in the game. I also don't mind having to hook people in between Pops in order to hit the same gen multiple times. I would rather have the ceiling be as high as it currently is rather than it being capped and have a mediocre alternate effect tagged on.