Queue incentives....
Something a lot of games like this do.
Put an automatic system in place, where if queue times are long for survivors because of not enough killers; that Killers gain increased bloodpoints or something for matches played during that period.
If the other way around offer the same for survivors.
Everyone wins in this scenario, people get more bloodpoints in a game that has already gotten far too grindy, and the wait times go down at least a bit.
Comments
I waited 40 minutes to find a game as solo survivor earlier, I don't see how this isn't the kind of thing people are in demand for X_X
Given that queue times are one of the common complaints on the forum, it's amazing nothing's been done about it. I don't have the patience to wait more than 5 minutes max for a lobby. I'll play whichever role is faster, and if neither is fast then I play a different game.
The game should show an estimated wait time for the queue, and it should reward a BP bonus for playing the side with the shorter queue.
For some reason, the preferred method of shortening the queue has been to disable matchmaking when it gets bad, which just increases player unhappiness and doesn't fix the queue times during the really heavy imbalances. I guess decreasing the BP grind would be bad for growing/maintaining the playerbase while frustrating the players with long queues and bad matchmaking has a minimum effect on the numbers?
Maybe the lack of killers and the longer queue time for survivors is an indication of the game state? What is the reason you don't want to play killer?
Killers already on average net more than survivors on bloodpoints.