My experience so far with no blood lust

So i played 3 games so far all 4Ks(rank 4)

2 Pig- Surge, endering, bbq, STBFL

1 Legion- Same thing but discordance instead of STBFL.

Legit noticed no difference at least on these 3 maps

Autohaven wreckers yard, chapel, and badham.

So hows yalls games going?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    7 games as survivor, and 7 escapes. I'd say only 2 matches provided any sort of challenge and I was only hooked once.

    Honestly, as survivor removing bloodlust was brilliant! However, for newer killers this completely screws them over, and since the developers want to broaden their player base this has potential to dramatically reduce people wanting to play killer, especially in early stages.

    Maybe bloodlust doesn't affect higher skilled killers, but that misses the point: If the game wants to grow, this change will not help it. There are other far more important issues to address before bloodlust should even be touched.

    why do you think it was brilliant? Do you think a 100% survival rate is healthy for the game? I had the same experience as well. Last night, it was rare that one survivor got killed in a match.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207559/my-experience-so-far-with-no-blood-lust

    It's not a problem for veteran killers, it will be problematic for newer killers. Whether it's a problem for you shouldn't be the primary concern in my mind.

    I think that the biggest issue that everyone should be concerned with is that you didn't buy a game that was in a beta test, or warned the game was in early access. If you're going to affect a product in this fashion, you should be providing your players with some incentive, because you're essentially making them work for you. Sure, they could just remove Bloodlust, but they obviously don't know if that would be a good idea at this point, hence the testing. But did you pay to test a game? Hell no. Should you be compensated for your time, hell yes! Why is it not a big deal to provide an incentive? Because they're the developers, they create the incentive out of thin air, and you paid for this game to play it in the working condition it was in when you bought it. I mean, anything at all - it's the thought that counts, if they want to be stingy about it.

    "But it's only for three days!" The point is that this sets a precedent for the future; you shouldn't ever accept this kind of treatment from a company you've paid for software.

    To be fair they do say that. In their EULA it states that this is a "live game", and that any and everything is "subject to change" without prior warning or reasoning from the developers. If you agree to the EULA, you agree to this.

  • About 15 killer matches at rank 1 with a variety of killers... I've played Blight, Hag, Bubba, Blight, Doctor, Freddy, Blight, Legion, Blight, Bubba, Blight, Bubba, and Blight.

    I won every single match. They were all 4ks if you include the matches where I gave the last survivor hatch. If you hadn't told me bloodlust was off I would never have noticed. I even used Beast of Prey on Freddy (I was doing a BP farming build with BBQ and Distressing).

    That said... the quality of survivors tonight has been extraordinarily lackluster. As killer I've been yawning my way through matches. As solo-Q survivor I've never been so upset at my teammates. 3 survivor matches in a row I brought We'll Make It and all 3 of my teammates brought Self Care. A dozen killer matches in a row where at least 2 survivors brought Self Care.

    It's just been a "Hide in the corner and heal thyself" type of night. I don't know that I can even give any valuable data off of it, except that players who use Self Care are bad at the game and I don't need bloodlust to catch them.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1765027#Comment_1765027

    why do you think it was brilliant? Do you think a 100% survival rate is healthy for the game? I had the same experience as well. Last night, it was rare that one survivor got killed in a match.

    Please read the entire post before responding to it.

  • I've mostly played survivor this weekend, and have seen more Nurses than I usually do in a month. Fun though. Also lots of Huntresses and Spirits.

  • I read the entire post, and you never explained why its brilliant.

    Also, while you seem to be concerned about new players and a growth in the player base, i think it misses the point. So, my question stands.

  • Been ok I've still been getting 3 or 4k's a game. I have noticed on survivor though alot more camping and tunneling killers this weekend. Like they will just sit and face camp everyone. But the bloodlust thing isn't a bad idea to me helps teach killers to be better and learn to finesse survivors more instead the usual half the match chase with a rank 20 killer.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207559/my-experience-so-far-with-no-blood-lust

    It's not a problem for veteran killers, it will be problematic for newer killers. Whether it's a problem for you shouldn't be the primary concern in my mind.

    I think that the biggest issue that everyone should be concerned with is that you didn't buy a game that was in a beta test, or warned the game was in early access. If you're going to affect a product in this fashion, you should be providing your players with some incentive, because you're essentially making them work for you. Sure, they could just remove Bloodlust, but they obviously don't know if that would be a good idea at this point, hence the testing. But did you pay to test a game? Hell no. Should you be compensated for your time, hell yes! Why is it not a big deal to provide an incentive? Because they're the developers, they create the incentive out of thin air, and you paid for this game to play it in the working condition it was in when you bought it. I mean, anything at all - it's the thought that counts, if they want to be stingy about it.

    "But it's only for three days!" The point is that this sets a precedent for the future; you shouldn't ever accept this kind of treatment from a company you've paid for software.

    All multiplayer games have updates. Your argument is basically any game that has major changes, even for a short while, isn't a complete game.

    So what, full release multiplayer games should just be static the whole time?

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768341#Comment_1768341

    I read the entire post, and you never explained why its brilliant.

    Also, while you seem to be concerned about new players and a growth in the player base, i think it misses the point. So, my question stands.

    Okay, so "brilliant" was a sarcastic response to it. As survivor it was too easy which is unhealthy for the game, especially at lower ranks for killers who are still learning the ropes. So, taking into account it was an illustration of the lop-sided effects of removing bloodlust at lower ranks especially, the conclusion of my post was removing bloodlust at this stage is not ideal.

  • Ah ok, i am not a native speaker, so i havn´t noticed the sarcasm. However, in this forum i met enough survivors who would not mean such a statement sarcasticly.

  • Even as a veteran killer, I feel bloodlust is still woefully necessary 🤷

1 2 ›