So Long and thanks for all the SWFs

So to start out Hi you won't know me but i might know a few of you i enjoyed lurking around the forum and reading others peoples opinions never felt the need to add my own thoughts though so i never bothered with an account but now I feel like I need to say something and it's Goodbye.....maybe.


Over the past few weeks I've felt more and more distant with the game, personally I put it down to about three or four things first of those being.

massive burnout

Prior to the Silent Hill DLC i played maybe once or twice a week log in do all my dailies play a few solo survivor games then stop. Then came the Silent Hill DLC after getting over the fact James was not a survivor (don't get me wrong i love Heather as much as anyone but really Pyramid head was James's manifestation no Heathers and yes he was in Homecoming and a tone of spin offs but that was against the wishes of the creators for Homecoming and by the time of the spin offs there was no real point) I decided to buckle down and try to lean Pyramid head as best i could to the point where I pretty much doubled my play time on him alone and got to around rank 11 nothing special but hey progress. after that though the Blight was not something i was found of (or good at) i still had a bit of fun learning a few other killers like Legion and Huntress. But as the months dragged on i finally dragged myself to rank Nine and hit a brick wall. I wasn't getting better or worse i would drop back to rank Ten then drag myself to Nine then lose back down to Ten, just a constantly repeating spiral of losing a bunch winning just enough and then losing again, say what you will but this did erode my enjoyment of the game and well speaking of things that eroded my enjoyments.


SWFs

You know what I am going to say here but let's repeat it for old times sake, are all SWFs toxic fun hating people, yes no but on the cosmic 2D100 I somehow rolled snake eyes more times then I can count, If 200 is the most laid back and chill SWF and the 2 is some of the most toxic/tryhards you have ever seen well i seem to hit either 2-10 every time and once I hit that rank 9 wall I felt like I entered a whole new game I went from feel like small mistake where something I could learn from and was no big deal to misplacing my torment, miss a hatchet or might by the slightest with frenzy it would cost me 2 gens in the middle of the map or i would get those teams of people all dressed the same in some stupid outfit purposefully taunting me into chasing them all game and doing enough gens to get the hatch to spawn then getting anyone still alive out though that. Did I win against SWFs? yeah anyone can it takes effort but that is something anyone can try but the worst had to be the StreamSWFs though I'm not sure what it is about the streamers in my region but if i lost i was a trash/boosted killer I win or mange to kill them and their 2-3 friends I just have to be stream snipping/Tunnelling them because they have TTV in their names (because I'm so desperate to watch my poor performance in real time). You could argue i could learn some of the more Meta killers to beat SWFs down all the time but that's my next point.


A lack of interest in other killer and the future killer

Out of all the Killers in the game i think at best I enjoy 5 of them Huntress, Legion, Doctor, Pyramid head and maybe Death slinger they where fun and had some good lore (and Pyramid head scared me when I was younger so to play as him was amazing) as for the other killers I own a few and used them now and then for dailies but all those games would end in a full escape from the survivors which more often then not would put me off the killer (losing at a low rank while everyone is learning is ok losing when everyone is trying to win and getting called trash is terrible) I remember the first time I tried nurse at rank 15 a full escape and got called trash (and other things) so I said i was still learning her to a reply of "not our fault you can't get good" which did stop me picking up nurse again since after that I hit a small streak with legion and got to rank 13. As for the new killer the Twins this killer has nothing I see as interesting it's a killer who can multi task by sending out basically a remote control attack drone to latch onto survivors that is made of tissue paper, dies at the slightest kick and prevents you using the killer who you have to switch back too and knowing my luck any advantage I get from said attack drone will be gone by the time I get over there, I know you can argue I won't know till I play the Twins but I got two options grind to unlock the killer further burring me out or buy the killer outright either though shards or DLC which in the event I don't like the killer means I could end up resenting spending money on them making it less likely I will want to keep playing them and that already happened with Blight. and well....


A lot of other games coming out

Ok right now there are a lot of games on the horizon Cyberpunk is what a few weeks away at most (unless it gets delayed again), Vampire the Masquerade 2 is coming out sometime next year and each month Humble gives me a random assortment of games though the choice subscription that I may have never considered picking up and might like if they where not given to me as part of a monthly subscription deal, there is a lot coming out and a lot to explore and DBD has just slowly lost my interest and when I could be playing any number of other games (and most of the time want to) I just feel it's time to uninstall the game will I come back?, maybe the next killer could be so amazing that I just have to reinstall the game and give them a go.


So that's it my one and only post after lurking here for like ages now, I know a bunch of people will think my reasons are stupid (and a bunch more will just make jokes or mock) but their mine and you don't have to agree i just felt like I needed to share something about why I was stopping, I just need a break time to think if i want to come back to the game or consider that I've had my fun and it's time to move onto the next game SO in the words of someone who can write a lot better then me


SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SWFS.

Tagged: Mod

Comments