New Suggestion For Breakable Walls? (Includes Highly Technical Schematics)

bOLTED dOORS.png

That's it. Just swap these for the walls. Default to open.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Jeez dude, these are way too complicated. I could barely understand them.

    On a serious note, I feel like this is a step in the right direction but killers need to be able to shut them too - for the very few that shut down loops and don't create infinites. Maybe have a surv spend a good amount of time to break it themselves. Along with that, they should be one time use - killer (or survivor) breaks them, the wall is gone.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Jeez dude, these are way too complicated. I could barely understand them.

    On a serious note, I feel like this is a step in the right direction but killers need to be able to shut them too - for the very few that shut down loops and don't create infinites. Maybe have a surv spend a good amount of time to break it themselves. Along with that, they should be one time use - killer (or survivor) breaks them, the wall is gone.

    Yeah, once they'd break theyd be done. The idea was just to make a blocker that the survivors have to commit to, but also encourages them to take the risk to commit to them. Hence the screwy break times. Good for S if K has to break in chase, good for K if they find it out of chase.

    Edited because my own joke went over my head.

  • Isn't this literally just the same door system that Friday the 13th used?

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Isn't this literally just the same door system that Friday the 13th used?

    Is it? I never got to play it even though I wanted to. :(

  • @DeadBobDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758029#Comment_1758029

    Is it? I never got to play it even though I wanted to. :(

    Pretty much, though in F13 it was pretty instant to lock the door like that, and Jason would have to basically smash it through. But it would be a good idea for DbD all the same.

  • @DeadBobDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758014#Comment_1758014

    Yeah, once they'd break theyd be done. The idea was just to make a blocker that the survivors have to commit to, but also encourages them to take the risk to commit to them. Hence the screwy break times. Good for S if K has to break in chase, good for K if they find it out of chase.

    Edited because my own joke went over my head.

    I think it'd be a good change. Far better than the "here's a god loop, break this peasant killer"

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758027#Comment_1758027

    I think it'd be a good change. Far better than the "here's a god loop, break this peasant killer"

    It just occurs to me that they'd have to make it so that the killer's "Chase Camera" (or whatever little bubble of proximity and attention triggers a chase) could see the survivor through the door. (But not actually see them, lol)

    Because say dwight just slams the door in your face..he just broke LOS...he just broke chase....SPEED BREAK THAT DOOOOOR!


    (Also Huntress could get a Jack Torrance mask...or a Dog Costume mask...To go with the doors.)

  • @DeadBobDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758043#Comment_1758043

    It just occurs to me that they'd have to make it so that the killer's "Chase Camera" (or whatever little bubble of proximity and attention triggers a chase) could see the survivor through the door. (But not actually see them, lol)

    Because say dwight just slams the door in your face..he just broke LOS...he just broke chase....SPEED BREAK THAT DOOOOOR!

    (Also Huntress could get a Jack Torrance mask...or a Dog Costume mask...To go with the doors.)

    I'd rather just have Jack Torrance. Imagine how cool his animations would be. Sadly, he's more or less just a guy. A guy that went insane due to a haunted hotel or isolation, but just a guy.

    :(

  • I think make doors able to open/close by both survivor and killers. Killers can break a closed door to remove it from play.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758081#Comment_1758081

    I'd rather just have Jack Torrance. Imagine how cool his animations would be. Sadly, he's more or less just a guy. A guy that went insane due to a haunted hotel or isolation, but just a guy.

    :(

    Hmm, if you think about it in terms of the book...its entirely possible the entity or something very like it could have been the occupying evil of the overlook... 🧐


  • @bm33 said:

    I think make doors able to open/close by both survivor and killers. Killers can break a closed door to remove it from play.

    Ideally, they'd start open and be able to be closed once. Essentially identical to pallets, just in walls.

  • @DeadBobDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758122#Comment_1758122

    Ideally, they'd start open and be able to be closed once. Essentially identical to pallets, just in walls.

    I think if both can open/close doors would open up more mind games for both. Killer could use them where they think it will help them. If killer closes off a room, like in Saloon, the survivor can open a way out.

  • @DeadBobDaylight said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/US1J2H8X9CPA/bolted-doors.png

    That's it. Just swap these for the walls. Default to open.

    I like it, then if the survivor closes it with bad timing the killer can kick the door open on them and stun them for a second

  • @Chinanumawaaan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206936/new-suggestion-for-breakable-walls-includes-highly-technical-schematics

    I like it, then if the survivor closes it with bad timing the killer can kick the door open on them and stun them for a second

    I wouldn't go so far as to stun at basekit, maybe with a perk. Like, "Here's Johnny", lol. "Kicking a closed door within 3 seconds of a rushed bolting slows survivors within 12m by 20% and causes the hindered status effect for 4 seconds."

  • Dwight idea

    make it so that keys have the ability to open these doors if they're closed, at the expense of the key

    key rework that makes it so that survivors might be forced to use their key to escape a chase instead of opening the hatch

  • Wouldn't they be basically pallets which can't be vaulted?

  • I just appreciate the very technical diagrams and the use of the word "skideet" :)

  • @White_Owl said:

    Wouldn't they be basically pallets which can't be vaulted?

    That's what the walls are now, basically. But that's a good way to describe their mechanics if you ere in a pinch.