Why do survivors walk right through my traps?

In my last match, a survivor was trapped and his teammate ran right through him, resulting in me getting 1 down instead of 2, which led to huge momentum loss and let 3 of them escape instead of 2 or 1. I've heard that hitting a Trapper with DS gives you a few seconds of immunity to his traps. That didn't happen here, but it shouldn't be possible anyway. Maybe it also gives them immunity when they get off hook?

Where's the incentive to play Trapper when even the game itself defies physics and counters your power like that?

Comments

  • He probably had dead hard and dashed through it, or you misplaced the trap.

  • @Yords said:

    He probably had dead hard and dashed through it, or you misplaced the trap.

    He did not have Dead Hard and the trap was dead in the middle of the killer shack doorway.

  • I didn't read the part where someone had stepped in the trap my bad. I am pretty sure survivors in a trap lose collision for a short time. If not then I am clueless.

  • @Yords said:

    I didn't read the part where someone had stepped in the trap my bad. I am pretty sure survivors in a trap lose collision for a short time. If not then I am clueless.

    It's this.

    I know because I was in a situation where a Trapper trapped the Game bathroom. One Survivor stepped in the Trap and the other two ran through them to safety.

    It's like how hitting a Survivor briefly removes their and your collision, so that people can't get bodyblocked to death by two M1s.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754773#Comment_1754773

    It's this.

    I know because I was in a situation where a Trapper trapped the Game bathroom. One Survivor stepped in the Trap and the other two ran through them to safety.

    It's like how hitting a Survivor briefly removes their and your collision, so that people can't get bodyblocked to death by two M1s.

    Well then. Guess there's no changing that, because that's how the devs and survivors want it. Even if it leads to stupid situations like mine where I deserved to get them both, watcha gonna do? 🤷

    God... counterplay upon counterplay upon counterplay for the survivors. Zero for killer.