Sidney Prescott
I always wondered why the character of sidney prescott, from the scream saga, didn't enter dead by daylight together with ghostface? I also take the opportunity to ask, why didn't this dlc also bring us the woodsbore map? I had heard a rumor that they were going to include Sydney and this map for this October but in the end it did not happen, I think they should include her since she is a very popular character in the slasher genre, also that scream 5 will come out and maybe they will put something related to the movie
Comments
When they brought Ghostface to Dbd they only had the rights to the mask. The movies and characters is owned by a different company. So since the mask is all we had they could not bring the map and characters from the movie owned by someone else.
Because (for the one hundredth millionth time) the Ghostface we have is NOT from the Scream franchise.
The devs simply licensed the costume from the the brand, in the same way the films licensed the costume from the brand.
How many times does this need to be said?
Ghostface is not from the scream franchise but from FunWorld. It was just a Halloween mask before the movies. Scream had the rights to use the mask but it does not own the mask in any way.
BHVR got the rights from Funworld to use the mask and created an own original killer that uses it. We don’t know if they ever tried to get the license for anything from the Scream franchise.
I'm with you on the same boat, this ######### is getting old, repetitive, and annoying as #########!
I'm not going to make a third comment about it. I'm just gonna say that I would have liked the original character of Prydney Sescott.
Bruh you're missing out on Menda Breeks.
From Woodsbunger
If it makes you happy how about the devs make their own Sidney Prescott, geez.
are we talking about "Creams"?
Man I love that movie!
It's the same reason we didn't get skins for specific movie characters for a long time or we're missing someone like Jason in DBD.
It all boils down to licenses and what they're willing to give to the BHVR to use. Not every license wants to work with BHVR, that's just how it's. In this case it's unique since one license for the costume (as said above) was willing to work with BHVR, while the other for the actual movie does not.
But overtime things change, and many like myself never thought we'd get any skins for a movie character like Myers or The Pig, so we'll see what happens.