Lag switch?
I'll start this off with the fact that I don't have any proof I've been a victim of this, neither I'm sure I even was. I was just wondering if it can be done in this game. I saw 2 Megs and 2 Claudettes wearing the exact same outfits, and I also saw one lantern. That was my trigger to equip an ebony mori. Game went on blah blah I had all survivors hooked once. I killed off one meg. As soon as she was dead I started lagging (walking then teleporting back but movement actions were very sharp). It stopped for a while and I managed to down another survivor. All gens were done so I tried to bait the other girls by hooking the Claudette instead of killing her. Then I walked towards one gate, teleported back twice, then black screen. In task manager dbd was not responding. And with the game if it crashes you automatically lose I just lost ebony mori with good add-ons. Idk I just found it weird it happened at such crucial moments in the game.
Comments
I mean, there is no match history thing in this game.
Not to make light of hacking, but why would a hacker risk even the slightest chance of getting caught and arrested, just to make your game crash. Not very a very rewarding crime.
Its far more likely that your game was encountering issues and then crashed. If your game is bugging out you could have connection interruptions that feel like lag, frame drops, then eventually the game stops responding.
I'd make a bug report.
Yeah I don't think getting arrested is a thing for them to worry about. The slightest chances of being brought to court are if the cheater and the victim are in the same country or state. None would go to another state, let alone cross borders to sue somebody over a video game. VPNs and setting your Steam location to Somalia and Uganda just makes it harder (I have 2 friends with those locations lmao)
The point I'm going for, is why bother hacking an individual pc to make a player lose.
I'm using "hacker" as a person with actual skills/knowledge in circumventing cyber security, as opposed to someone who has bought a program or a script to cheat in a game. This is in response mostly to the person who suggested keeping a record to take to a lawyer. One of these is a crime, while the other is a violation of the EULA.
Idk, considering how laggy this game is the hacking would be my last bet.
I thought DDOSing was fixed already
Not to mention that is irl illegal