Why does everyone hate deathslinger

People who hate deathslinger are bad at the game and do not know who to adapt to different game situation that he opens up.

Comments

  • People don't like him because they force him to play stealthy, which is boring for many people. And no, not everyone who dislikes him sucks at the game btw.

  • Man, the quality of bait posts these days is going real downhill. Maybe 2021 will have better!

  • @Yords said:

    People don't like him because they force him to play stealthy, which is boring for many people. And no, not everyone who dislikes him sucks at the game btw.

    I personally find him enjoyable to go against as he changes he you normally have to loop and it's more than just holding w in my opinion it's just more interesting then going against most other killers

  • New account - check.

    1st post instantly saying that people who don't like X thing sucks - check.

    Beating a dead horse - check.

    Hotel - trivago.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    Man, the quality of bait posts these days is going real downhill. Maybe 2021 will have better!

    This isn't a bait post I actually want to know the answer on why people find him unenjoyable to play against him as I really like going against him

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748109#Comment_1748109

    I personally find him enjoyable to go against as he changes he you normally have to loop and it's more than just holding w in my opinion it's just more interesting then going against most other killers

    It is different for other people though, so I can understand that.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    New account - check.

    1st post instantly saying that people who don't like X thing sucks - check.

    Beating a dead horse - check.

    Hotel - trivago.

    Cause I made this account to ask a question sorry that I haven't been using this since 2016

  • I enjoy playing deathslingers, but I also never run into ex-counterstrike Champs playing him either. I'm sure he's a lot less fun with some fps pro behind the wheel. If he's not a top tier player, then it's a lot of fun jukong and jiving and seeing them getting more and more out of control due to missing the harpoon.

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748112#Comment_1748112

    This isn't a bait post I actually want to know the answer on why people find him unenjoyable to play against him as I really like going against him

    Well, I'm no expert but usually when someone wants information, they ask a question followed by this: ?

    Maybe I'm just getting on in my years and this is how you kids ask questions these days. Insults.

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748119#Comment_1748119

    Cause I made this account to ask a question sorry that I haven't been using this since 2016

    Read your thread, you instantly called people who hate slinger trash, that is not how you ask a question.

  • @finitethrills said:

    I enjoy playing deathslingers, but I also never run into ex-counterstrike Champs playing him either. I'm sure he's a lot less fun with some fps pro behind the wheel. If he's not a top tier player, then it's a lot of fun jukong and jiving and seeing them getting more and more out of control due to missing the harpoon.

    To be honest I would prefer to go up against an fps pro deathslinger then an average spirit who can stand still to force a 50/50

  • There are many reasons why that you failed to point out.

    1. Deathslinger longer has the killing power of Huntress, with much less skill required. While he doesn't have the range, he makes up for it by being able to reel survivors in and having instant ADS.

    2. Compared to comically huge "terror radius" of Huntress, Deathslinger has a terror radius of 24, which when combined with Monitor and Abuse, gives him a 16 meter terror radius. He can shoot you before you even have a chance to hear him coming.

    3. Easy zoning with instant ADS. Unlike other ranged killers, there is legitimately no way tell if the Slinger will shoot you or not. Consider the minimal penalty to aiming, he can fake out so many shots. If you juke, he hits you with a basic attack. If you don't juke, you get your face impaled by a harpoon.

    He isn't the best killer by any means, but there are many reasons why survivors find him annoying.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748128#Comment_1748128

    Read your thread, you instantly called people who hate slinger trash, that is not how you ask a question.

    The title is the question whilst the "comment" itself is my opinion

  • because most use M&A on him he already got low TR as it is so by the time you hear him coming he on top of you,like when people use spirit with strider.

  • @SpineChillScaredyCat said:

    There are many reasons why that you failed to point out.

    1. Deathslinger longer has the killing power of Huntress, with much less skill required. While he doesn't have the range, he makes up for it by being able to reel survivors in and having instant ADS.

    2. Compared to comically huge "terror radius" of Huntress, Deathslinger has a terror radius of 24, which when combined with Monitor and Abuse, gives him a 16 meter terror radius. He can shoot you before you even have a chance to hear him coming.

    3. Easy zoning with instant ADS. Unlike other ranged killers, there is legitimately no way tell if the Slinger will shoot you or not. Consider the minimal penalty to aiming, he can fake out so many shots. If you juke, he hits you with a basic attack. If you don't juke, you get your face impaled by a harpoon.

    He isn't the best killer by any means, but there are many reasons why survivors find him annoying.

    Whilst I agree that his terror radius is stupid and especially so when combined with monitoring abuse I don't find him being able to cancel his lower a problem most of the Time if he's that close he's going to get a hit anyway

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    because most use M&A on him he already got low TR as it is so by the time you hear him coming he on top of you,like when people use spirit with strider.

    But unlike spirit he has some counter play that isn't just luck based but I guess the short terror radius could be annoying if he not paying much attention

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748146#Comment_1748146

    Whilst I agree that his terror radius is stupid and especially so when combined with monitoring abuse I don't find him being able to cancel his lower a problem most of the Time if he's that close he's going to get a hit anyway

    I don't have much of a problem with the ADS either, but it is something a lot of survivors hate dealing with.

  • @SpineChillScaredyCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748162#Comment_1748162

    I don't have much of a problem with the ADS either, but it is something a lot of survivors hate dealing with.

    I personally think everyone is exaggerating how strong he is

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748177#Comment_1748177

    I personally think everyone is exaggerating how strong he is

    Survivors always exagerate. But even so, going against a good Deathslinger can be a very frustrating experience.

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748177#Comment_1748177

    I personally think everyone is exaggerating how strong he is

    Hardly anyone thinks he's strong, a killer can be annoying without being necessarily strong, just look at Doctor before he received his changes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "Everyone" is kind of an exaggeration. I rarely get any hate for playing Slinger, in fact I often get a lot of compliments for having a really good aim even though I play on console with crossplay on.

    It's the "vocal minority" here on this forum that gives the impression that everyone hates him. Combine that with the fact 2 or 3 streamers made videos complaining about him and you have the perfect trend.

    I'd say the biggest part of the community hasn't even faced a lot of Slingers and most of them were probably mediocre ones. For every Slinger I face when playing survivor I must face something between 10~20 Huntresses.

    It's been so long since I've gone against a huntress which is ashame as she is my favourite killer to play as and against

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748227#Comment_1748227

    It's been so long since I've gone against a huntress which is ashame as she is my favourite killer to play as and against

    I'd take a Huntress over Spirit any day now.

  • People have a hero complex. They want to carry their team to victory on the back of their skill in a chase. So naturally when a killer comes out that excels in a chase more than a survivor, they start to realize that all of that skill they've built up doesn't matter vs whatever killer is similar to slinger. That leaves only one true counter, rushing the objective, which is the most boring part of the game - this isn't the fault of either side, but more a failure of the developers to add additional objectives to the game.

  • @mrble said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748177#Comment_1748177

    I personally think everyone is exaggerating how strong he is

    He isn't strong. Hes just not fun to play against.

  • @mrble said:

    People who hate deathslinger are bad at the game and do not know who to adapt to different game situation that he opens up.

    I hate Deathslinger because of:

    1. his laughs and grunts and other sounds
    2. his animations
    3. his music
    4. his power

    in that order.

    @Yords said:

    People don't like him because they force him to play stealthy, which is boring for many people. And no, not everyone who dislikes him sucks at the game btw.

    I play stealthily, and I find playing against Deathslinger to be less fun because of it. I'm forced to play in a manner that is neither stealthy nor bold i.e. in a very simple, bot-like playstyle that ignores whatever knowledge about patterns of quiet distance gain that I have gathered over the years.