Realms are stupid.
Let's talk about realms. Realms are stupid and only cause problems. Why? For one thing, Map Offerings. In some realms that only have one map, if you use that offering you know exactly where you are going. Meanwhile, in the original three realms, you have no clue to which map you are going to. It could be the one you want, or it could be the one you hate. Another problem with the realms is being stale. This one applies more to the original three realms, but I hate how you can be stuck in one realm for 4 matches in a row.
What is weird about it is how unnecessary it is. Most of the new maps have their own realm, so why do the main maps need to be apart of a realm?
But how do we fix it then? In my opinion, what they should do is divide all realms so that they have no more than two maps. By doing this, they make map offerings consistent across the board. For the stale problem, I think there should be a rule where a killer can not go to the same realm twice without using map offerings. Why just the killer? When I play survivor, I tend not to care that much if I get sent to the same realm twice. After all, I may be in the same realm, but I am often facing a different killer. For killers, the map is really all there is.
I am not sure if this is the best solution to the problems, and I am open for better suggestions.
Comments
The only reason the original 3 have 5 realms each is because those were originally the only realms.
You sound like you want a reason to complain so you're taking it out on the realms you do bad on.
I have been sent to the farm realm like 4 times in a row. Regardless of how good I do, I am going to get sick of seeing all the corn everywhere.
Yeah, but you don't see me complaining about it. If anything survivors are wasting farm offerings, when they should be sending you to ormond.
That is the one map that is judged by both sides to be extremely survivor sided
But you know, most of the time it's a hate the player not the game type of deal.
I actually bring this up in the post, but that is why I hate offerings like the locket or the phalanx bone. You can't use them to go to a map you want, only get a 1 in 5 chance for the map you want.
I'd rather not have more useless crap in my bloodwebs tbh
Personally, I’d like to see most realms have multiple maps. It’d make the game more interesting and wouldn’t be nearly as hard as creating new maps because a lot of the assets could be reused
That could also work.
The only stupid realm is Springwood which is just Badham Preschool but a different layout 5 times. (we needed 5 "different" versions of the same structures why?)
Cause they don't design the maps they just plug in numbers and let the numbers be the Entity (RNG)
I mean... they do design structures (buildings, walls... ETC) but the numbers.... the numbers man