unfortunately dc penalties are not working very well

I am getting even more tired for these matches.... I load in to a match after 5+ minutes waiting for it, find someone after traveling through the center building and to the gens on the other side of it and down them. I pick them up and they dc then the match disconnects! COME ON! this is getting ridiculous! I am to the point that i'd like the leave match functionality to be removed! I'd also be happy if the dc penalty is removed as well IF and only IF the leave match functionality is removed. Reason i'm fine with no dc penalty if there is no leave match functionality, the players that want to dc will have to disconnect their game forcefully; alt-f4, task manager, disconnecting network cables etc. it will put them in the penalty of having to reconnect and restart their games thus they give themselves the penalty. It also stops hitting the network dc's that people can't help, as well as game crashes etc.


here is the match i was in:

dc shinanigans.JPG


Comments

  • They don't DC themselves, it's a bug, I had it myself many time since the event started, like the match loads for me and my friends but then it insta kicks me from the host, my friends tell me I'm still there but a minute after they get match cancelled too.

  • she was active, running from me, gettting shocked jumping windows, and finally downed after TWO hits, she wasn't (I say she because it was a feng) just stnading there and dc.

  • Usually, when this happens for me, is because someone's game crashed while loading or something like this. I usually play with a friend and this happened to her one of these days (she loaded in the trial, but in her screen she was unable to move or do anything, but for me the game was going on normally and then she was kicked out of the match and everyone was disconnected).

    Similar thing happened to me. I was in loading screen and she was already playing the game. It seems a person got hooked before the game recognized the match wasn't loaded properly. It's not a common thing, but it happened twice here. I play on PS4. This game crashes and kick us out for no reason.

    And from the print you showed, it wasn't Min you chased the one that disconnected. So I believe it was just this bug.

  • @jaysime you are wrong it WAS the feng that dc'd. unless you were in that match with me just because others have feng's perks doesn't mean that they are the one playing feng. I am not denying the bug exists but in this case it was the feng that dc'd after i'd been carrying her. it still took a moment to register the dc and my character was starting to walk faster after picking her up. I also accept that the dc functions this way, and it's a good thing over all that I will not argue against but stop telling me who it was that dc'd unless you were in the match.

  • Game stability has gotten far worse recently. Most of the DCs I see lately are the game never actually launching for the person but it starts anyways and DC's them. Sometimes it will let the game run as a 3v1. Other times it will cancel it. The rest are mostly random DC'd out while they aren't even having anything happen to them. IMO they should just take the ######### off because of that. I don't know ######### they did but they broke the game for many.

  • its a weird bug when someone crashes in the loading screen

    if someone crashes at a certain point in the loading screen, the match loads for everyone else and cancels after like a minute

  • My mate has been playing on playstation and we are now faced with a 30 minute penalty because he's had multiple DC's over the past day. His internet is fine and not causing the DC. I don't have an issue with the DC penalty if it could differentiate between people force quitting/rage quitting and genuine DCs through no fault.


    Really frustrating as it also means as a duo we can't play together anymore so it affects multiple people often.

  • Their game crashed. Sometimes the game is delayed in noticing

  • @Freki said:

    @jaysime you are wrong it WAS the feng that dc'd. unless you were in that match with me just because others have feng's perks doesn't mean that they are the one playing feng. I am not denying the bug exists but in this case it was the feng that dc'd after i'd been carrying her. it still took a moment to register the dc and my character was starting to walk faster after picking her up. I also accept that the dc functions this way, and it's a good thing over all that I will not argue against but stop telling me who it was that dc'd unless you were in the match.

    Hey, chill down a bit. I'm not attacking you, so there's no need to be aggressive :P. And I'm sorry. For your narrative and the circles you made in the print I understood the survivor that was being chased was the one that got some points (and that made sense too because of the perks and the character you described). And that survivor is not the one that disconnected.

    But anyway, this game bugs. If it was her that disconnected after the match started, the match wouldn't be cancelled like it did. It would just go on, like it always does. So I deduce someone else must have crashed. I can't be certain. But in the same way I could be wrong, you could also be when you say they just disconnected on purpose.