Played so much DBD over the course of the blood hunt that I'm now kind of burnt out.
I just started playing DBD back in March of this year, and while it has certainly held my interest, I'm now getting to the point to where I understand why so many other players wish that there were additional modes.
Playing survivor is literally a progress bar simulator. Granted it can be hard sometimes to play killer, but at least playing killer involves more than holding a button. And when you couple that with the pitiful amount of blood points that survivors get, it can make playing survivor incredibly boring.
I've been playing this game for less than a year and already it's starting to wear on me, so I can only imagine how those that have been playing DBD since 2016 must feel.
Comments
When you start to get to a point where things stagnate in the game, try playing for the memes / challenges.
Learn a difficult killer like Nurse which is really rewarding. Or follow the killer around with a beamer and try to make meme plays.
If the mentality is to win / only do objectives then you'll start to burn out.
I've actually started to do that! I started playing with three killers I hadn't dared to touch in the past, and it has helped to spice things up. But these days I only touch survivor if I'm playing with friends, because otherwise I find it so incredibly boring.
I think that's pretty normal tbh. I get obsessed with a game, play it for days then need a break from it. DbD I have my most hours in with regards to a game, but I do play a lot of other games in between.
It is ok to get burnt out a bit. Take a few days and rest up, do other stuff. This game has been out for 4 years and not going anywhere.
Trust me here because I've been through this before: take a break. A day, a couple, doesn't matter, just have a break before it really starts wearing you down.
If you feel burned out now, the next level of the Tome is out tomorrow!
Yeah, but that doesn't really do anything for me. Sure it rewards me with blood points for completing challenges, but it's the core mechanic of playing survivor that is wearing thin. Pressing a button to complete a generator, a totem, to heal, etc, has run it's course with me.