A fun survivor perk to use in the Undying meta
Distortion. Not a great perk because it only has 3 uses max but it's enabled me to very easily find and cleanse totems, hex and dull. Distortion randomly goes off when you know it's not BBQ? Stop and look for the totem and cleanse aura reveal free!
I'm playing as Feng and don't have much unlocked for her so I picked Distortion. It was a nice surprise to not have the killer bearing down on me every time I try to cleanse.
Comments
No!!! You can't tell me what to do!!!! I will complain about the ruin undying!!! You can't expect me to understand your great logic, I need to only run meta perks and nothing to help me get rid of those perks.
It's not bad but having the potential to lose your tokens because you accidentally ran past a few totems in a chase just kills the idea for me.
Yeah being found first or very early ruins the perk lol
Why not just run Small Game if you're looking to counter Undying..
I wasn't trying to counter Undying, it was just a neat thing I noticed. Also Small Game blatantly does not block your aura. This isn't complicated
Except as soon as you step past one the perk will let you know it triggered. IE you now know there's a totem there and can cleanse it for free. That's not really wasted and fills the purpose.
I don't think finding the totems is really the issue with Undying. Its more of a problem with high mobility killers seeing your aura when you are near the totem and chasing you off the totem before it can be cleansed.