Hook Death/ KIllers AFKing

Anyone else run into an influx of people killing themselves on first hook?

ive also ran into several killers who start to lose and just hide in a corner facing wall so you cant get chase points or altruism

is this the new "DC" meta?

Comments

  • Well, Losers who are upset that the game is not going their way cannot DC anymore. So there are Hook Suicides and AFK-Killers. Is expected, but according to BHVR, the number of Hook Suicides on first hook did not go up (I can second this from my experience), so I would guess that the number of AFK-Killers also did not rise up (I have not noticed any AFK-Killer, just a DCing Leatherface after he went on a 3 Gen-Chase...).

  • I'm on ps4, I see alot dying shortly into second hook state but that tends to be death by frame drop. Regular suicide by hook - attempting escape and then immediately giving up - I haven't seen any increase.

    I haven't had any afk killers.

  • Sweet,


    Well hopefully its just been a few bad matches for me than :)

  • Actually yes, I've had quite a lot of 1v3 or even 1v2 games since my teammates decided to randomly hook suicide vs all kinds of random killers for some entiteled reason.

    Only a very few of AFK killers though. Not as common.

    I count it as bad luck but it would still be nice if devs reworked hook stages so that hook suiciding isn't new way of early DC to avoid the penalty. Even forcing them to just hang there for those 2min making killer think they need to guard them would be better then the instand deaths.

  • @BeerFarts said:

    Anyone else run into an influx of people killing themselves on first hook?

    ive also ran into several killers who start to lose and just hide in a corner facing wall so you cant get chase points or altruism

    is this the new "DC" meta?

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202734/hook-death-killers-afking

    Hide in a corner facing a wall 🤣😂

    I love this game so much.

    That's actually the new Blair Witch Killer. Only other Killers are affected right now, it's a bug.

  • Sometimes when you’re bad you have to put your nose in the corner.

  • I’ve seen a lot of that as well. Can’t force people to stay (or participate) in a match they don’t wanna be in