One bad experience can ruin a game forever.
I really want to love DbD. But I've left it twice now, and this time I really don't think I'm coming back.
At rank 15 killer, I was facing teen survivors who knew the map so well, knew exactly how to run me, knew every exploit (the hell was that crouch-dodge thing?) and frustrated me map after map. I wanted one single win, so I mori'd up and back went in. After minutes of being given the runaround I'm finally able to kill one survivor before they could escape through the gate. And right after, in chat, I see the survivors talking to each other.
"hey meg you got g***ked"
"G***KED"
Literally less than zero reasons to bust out the edgy racial epithets but here we freaking are, two of them saying it to each other unbidden. Why does the playerbase continue to be a cesspool? These players are allowed to put time and energy into maining survivor and getting the perks so they can troll and say vile words and ruin the experience for casual players, people like me for whom words like that actually matter. I saw the literal same problem years ago with toxic players making a sport out of being foul-mouthed, edgy jack*ss survivors, so why now do I see the same thing happening unchecked years later? Why did you let it get this bad?
It has to mean something that the players are so ready to spout off racist remarks with little to no provocation, that they can get away with it and move on to the next game. Devs, know that this one experience was enough for me to regret every single purchase I made to you in the past month. You need to do something to address the toxicity or you're never going to see the growth you want. You have to filter out the bad behaviour.
I was really enjoying the new features like the tome and the lore entries and whatnot. I feel so stupid wasting a month on this game--wasting money on DLC--for nothing.
Comments
You can report them in the post-game screen. Of course it will need more than 1 vote for this person to get penalized, but with multiple reports, the player will certainly receive some punishment. Devs needs to encourage more the use of this function, I guess people even forget that this tool exist, thats why everyone says it doesn't do anything.
You need to be mature to play this game, there's exotic species of humans playing it, each one surprises me every day. That's why I keep my cool and let them speak with themselves, don't give they any spark, they're just wasting their time.
Report is only looked at if they have video or pictures. Just hitting the button doesnt help im afraid
It probably does. It's not there for nothing. But like I said, 2 or 3 votes aren't enough. Probably with much votes like 15 within a certain time he will be penalized.
I'm a DEV myself so thats why I'm pretty sure whoever reports any player with this option, in the backend, it will save in their database the report on the player account with the match details, with the history chat of the post-game game and most infos about what happened in the match. Now I don't know if they manually check the reports or they implemented some automatic system to apply a punishment if X player has reached X amount of reports within X time.
Wish they could give us more light on this system.
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the slur they used is. If it's a word I've ever heard before I'm stupid and can't figure it out.
You should not allow some nobody control you like that.
You can turn off end game chat if you want.