Could keys changed to work with chests?

This isn't a debate on Mori's V Keys, they're both being changed, this is just an observation.

The new chest animation is the Survivor unlocking it with a key, that they get out of nowhere. We know keys are getting changed, so I'm thinking keys will be changed in that way. This is just an observation, and probably could be entirely wrong.

Comments

  • I think they'd have to do more than just open chests.

  • If the Broken Key works like that... but allows for instant unlocks... I wouldn't mind

    As for the rest of them no... They'd be useless in that way

  • It could be good.

    Perhaps purple key could allow to open chests very fast&increase chances for good item (perhaps you can even predetermine what item it will be with addons) and red key could allow to open some "special" chest where woud lie some unique and impacting item.

  • @TAG said:

    I think they'd have to do more than just open chests.

    @RaSavage42 said:

    If the Broken Key works like that... but allows for instant unlocks... I wouldn't mind

    As for the rest of them no... They'd be useless in that way

    Those were my thoughts. I'm wondering, if this is the change, an Ultra Rare add-on would allow you to unlock the hatch. Hopefully only for yourself.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719608#Comment_1719608

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719614#Comment_1719614

    Those were my thoughts. I'm wondering, if this is the change, an Ultra Rare add-on would allow you to unlock the hatch. Hopefully only for yourself.

    If they did have keys unlock chests then they could in theory have a brown and yellow variant... only those two could open chests

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719619#Comment_1719619

    If they did have keys unlock chests then they could in theory have a brown and yellow variant... only those two could open chests

    Please no,we don't need more useless garbage in our bloodwebs D:

  • @NomiNomad said:

    This isn't a debate on Mori's V Keys, they're both being changed, this is just an observation.

    The new chest animation is the Survivor unlocking it with a key, that they get out of nowhere. We know keys are getting changed, so I'm thinking keys will be changed in that way. This is just an observation, and probably could be entirely wrong.

    That would make that absolutely useless.

    I hope they will change them so that they are more focused on their aura reading abilities

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202518/could-keys-changed-to-work-with-chests

    That would make that absolutely useless.

    I hope they will change them so that they are more focused on their aura reading abilities

    Didn't say it was a good change, if that is what's happening. I just thought it was a little weird they would change the chest animation to include a key, when key's already do things in the game. I'm probably looking too far into it, but that's just my take on it. I do agree that if all they did was unlock a chest, then yeah - they'd be useless.

  • I personally believe all keys should be aura based.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    It could be good.

    Perhaps purple key could allow to open chests very fast&increase chances for good item (perhaps you can even predetermine what item it will be with addons) and red key could allow to open some "special" chest where woud lie some unique and impacting item.

    I already see the bug/rng coming,

    Open the chest with the purple key and find...a purple or green key

    >youre now a happy survivor

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719615#Comment_1719615

    I already see the bug/rng coming,

    Open the chest with the purple key and find...a purple or green key

    >youre now a happy survivor

    Don't forget keys could simply be excluded from chests pool or be made to always find items with addons.

    1) Take key without addons

    2) Find key with addons that guarantee good medkit/toolbox/flashlight/red key

    3) Search another chest to get cool item / search some special chest that spawns when red key is brought in and get cool item.

    Now add on top of these that key could potentially not go to waste after searching just one chest or that there could be way for chests to refill on their own (for example after a certain amount of time, chests' disappear and reappear in new places refilled) and so on and get a cool new item meta. Right now plunderer builds aren't popular because they are not very consistent, but key could change that.

    And when I'm referring to "special red key chest" I mean some alternative variation of the chest that could be locked behind some requirements (like doing certain amount of gens or taking damage, etc), unlocked only via red key and granting some special items that could heavily affect the trial. Such chests (and items coming from them) would be supposed to have big limitations and price for usage, but their effects could give big advantage.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719649#Comment_1719649

    Please no,we don't need more useless garbage in our bloodwebs D:

    My point

    Thanks.... (: