DBD just gave me a 6 hour DC penalty because of a dropped connection

Here i am having a great time playing with some friends. Have a whole day lined up to take advantage of double blood points. I enter the game, touch a gen and I’m frozen for about 10 seconds then disconnected. I am given the following error and to my disgust, i see a 6 hour DC penalty to punish me. Entire day is ruined. How can you guys in your right mind continue to keep a DC penalty when you have ZERO way of removing it from players that have errors and could care less about the time you are wasting of your customers. If this doesn’t get corrected, i think this will be the last time i deal with all your bugs and errors and find a game that doesn’t waste my time and day for something out of my control.

2DA19566-0682-4496-B6FA-4104CBCCA788.jpeg CFA7B046-1B12-45C3-8436-B1EECDA68313.jpeg


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @AbsolutelyAmel said:

    The penalty wouldn't be needed if they worked on removing the reasons why people leave/ragequit or well in this case, crash 🙃🙃🙃

    Last October for example i had a full day where a 'network error' in the game kept disconnecting me and other players out of the game. Stop using the excuse that the game is ruined for others when its often the fault of the game itself.

    But yeah talking to the devs about issues is like talking to a brick wall.

    Yes, the DC penalty would be needed even then. Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once in 5 games) the first person I hit will DC immediately. Because they "get found first every game."

    People are big babies, and big babies get put in timeout.

  • Go find someone else’s post to troll and be toxic on. I owe you ZERO explanation yet I’ve provided one as to how I’ve gotten here. Get lost

  • Its Not worth arguing with the people here. The issue of the game crashing on the xbox upon start up isn't new, a decent amount of people are now talking about it but the only response your gonna get from half the people here is its your fault stop ruining MY game go play something else. They don't care it wasn't your fault.


    I'm so sorry this happened to you. It really sucks

  • That's a funny way of looking at it. So your game crashes a whole bunch, and you come to complain... about the DC penalty? Hmm...

    Seems legit.

  • @xhimsa12x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719692#Comment_1719692

    How the hell do you think you’d be able to trouble shoot even if there was a problem and if it’s been fixed without playing it? It blows my mind that with a game plagued with bugs as this one and you even insinuate it must be me. You guys are something else

    But it is you, or at least it's something wrong with your installation or machine apparently and your insistence on playing again immediately even though you know that if you disconnect again the ban will just increase. Why keep playing over and over if you keep disconnecting?

  • image.png


    The disconnects are finicky like that. earlier this week the game disconnected me, I know it was the game and not my connection because i was connected to discord still and steam showed that I was still online. Lucky for me, ...for once. The penalty counter was working right for me and it was only five minutes. I've had a 15-30 minute one happened before, but I know that it can get worse, especially if you're a streamer or the survivors you face get extra salty and want to hack the game and slap a 24 hour penalty on you.

  • Okay, I'm locking this now. @xhimsa12x I have told you to use the search function and limit it to the sub-forum Technical Issues to see if someone else has reported the error message you receive. If not, make a thread and ask for help how to fix it.

    Playing the game while knowing your game doesn't work properly - that's still ruining the game for four other people.

1 2 ›