Aura Reading Perks

Here's a genuine questions for you all, to you think their are any "unbalanced" aura reading perks for survivor and killer? This is of course excluding OoO. I would like to hear your opinions on the matter

Comments

  • I don’t think so really. There are definitely underrated ones. Alert and I’m All Ears are slept on.

  • @Kolonite said:

    I don’t think so really. There are definitely underrated ones. Alert and I’m All Ears are slept on.

    I agree, and the usefulness of Windows of Opportunity is strong, especially for new players.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202215/aura-reading-perks

    Other than OoO, no, not really. Aside from maybe Undying. I think the Aura reading on it is a bit overkill. It should be toned down or even removed (which is really the only nerf it needs).

    Yup my thoughts exactly honestly i had another idea before the made undying. I made hex: dead man's tales 2/3/4 meters around all totems you would see aura of survivors.

  • Most of them are underrated...

    Hangman's Trick is a joke (adding longer Sabo would go along way)

    Hex: Retribution is good if it's destroyed ( but without another Hex being used Survivors will ignore it)

    I'm All Ears is good but has a kinda long cooldown

    BBQ the best aura reading perk

    Hex: Undying suffers from the same thing as Hangman's Trick

    Lightborn has aura reading now doesn't

  • I think BBQ is quite powerful and would like to see it reworked.

    Perhaps it could change so it only shows the auras of anybody within X meters of a gen.

    To avoid that being a straight nerf, it could also include people in lockers as long as they are within X meters of a gen.

    Sick of seeing my team constantly jumping in lockers every time someone if about to be hooked.

  • Not really. Survivors have the strongest ones by far, Kindred and Bond. Nothing compares to those two except a well-coordinated SWF team. I know a lot of people think BBQ is strong, but that's mostly because it's easy to mistake something being run a lot for something being powerful. I'd actually say that the best killer aura perk is I'm All Ears.

  • OoO is the worst.

  • @musefan said:

    I think BBQ is quite powerful and would like to see it reworked.

    Perhaps it could change so it only shows the auras of anybody within X meters of a gen.

    To avoid that being a straight nerf, it could also include people in lockers as long as they are within X meters of a gen.

    Sick of seeing my team constantly jumping in lockers every time someone if about to be hooked.

    But bitter murmur does that already.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Most of them are underrated...

    Hangman's Trick is a joke (adding longer Sabo would go along way)

    Hex: Retribution is good if it's destroyed ( but without another Hex being used Survivors will ignore it)

    I'm All Ears is good but has a kinda long cooldown

    BBQ the best aura reading perk

    Hex: Undying suffers from the same thing as Hangman's Trick

    Lightborn has aura reading now doesn't

    Disagree with bbq being the best. If it werent for blood points i doubt it would get run on anyone but MAYBE huntress or Freddy. The aura reading has too many workarounds.

    Im all ears is a nice one but i agree that the cool down is too long.

    Zenshin tactics is underrated the same way windows of opportunity is. Very helpful for newer players.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Most of them are underrated...

    Hangman's Trick is a joke (adding longer Sabo would go along way)

    Hex: Retribution is good if it's destroyed ( but without another Hex being used Survivors will ignore it)

    I'm All Ears is good but has a kinda long cooldown

    BBQ the best aura reading perk

    Hex: Undying suffers from the same thing as Hangman's Trick

    Lightborn has aura reading now doesn't

    Regarding Hangman's trick, I don't know if it's the bloodhunt or change to WGLF, but people are thirsty for unhooks. I was running Hangman's yesterday and found so many survivors just camping close to the hook waiting for the save. It was the first time I really have ran that perk, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed with just how easy it is to see auras around the map as survivors run by the hooks. It's not the best, but I was impressed at just how not terrible it is.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717369#Comment_1717369

    Disagree with bbq being the best. If it werent for blood points i doubt it would get run on anyone but MAYBE huntress or Freddy. The aura reading has too many workarounds.

    Im all ears is a nice one but i agree that the cool down is too long.

    Zenshin tactics is underrated the same way windows of opportunity is. Very helpful for newer players.

    Agreed BBQ isn't op by any means but it's still strong... even with the workarounds

    Like if I don't see anyone on BBQ then I know the other survivors are close (39m or closer) or in lockers or behind gens

    Also WoO and ZT are good for players (like me) who freak out during an extended chase

    Also... also... The devs are running out of ideas for aura reading (IMO)

  • @apathyinc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717369#Comment_1717369

    Regarding Hangman's trick, I don't know if it's the bloodhunt or change to WGLF, but people are thirsty for unhooks. I was running Hangman's yesterday and found so many survivors just camping close to the hook waiting for the save. It was the first time I really have ran that perk, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed with just how easy it is to see auras around the map as survivors run by the hooks. It's not the best, but I was impressed at just how not terrible it is.

    That's both weird and good to hear

    And it's giving me a dumb idea.... HAAHAHAHAHAH

  • Bitter Murmur activates on gen completion. BBQ is on hooking.

    Yeah, I guess I am saying they should do them same, just different conditions for activating them.