My annoyance with Dbd events(Tourneys and others) excluding console

Why is it that every time there is some new event available outside the game(official or within community) that it excludes console players. Like its very unfair. Take this for example.

Screenshot (88).png


Excludes Ps4. While I may not play of Ps4, I understand their frustration. Like why? Is it because ps4 rn is broken? Doesn't sound like a problem they caused so why are they punished. And that not just it. Many events that fog whispers hold like tournaments and stuff make it so console players are not added. I thought the while point of cross play was for everybody to feel included. But now that its an option and console is left out, it just make the feeling worse

Comments

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    Why is it that every time there is some new event available outside the game(official or within community) that it excludes console players. Like its very unfair. Take this for example.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JEMBYZMC1XNN/screenshot-2888-29.png

    Excludes Ps4. While I may not play of Ps4, I understand their frustration. Like why? Is it because ps4 rn is broken? Doesn't sound like a problem they caused so why are they punished. And that not just it. Many events that fog whispers hold like tournaments and stuff make it so console players are not added. I thought the while point of cross play was for everybody to feel included. But now that its an option and console is left out, it just make the feeling worse

    That’s one of the reasons I turned crossplay off from it’s initiation. DBD seems PC dominant as far as performance is concerned. I never felt, nor will I ever feel that cohesion between PC and Console will ever be possible. PC feels like the favourite child, catered to by the parents and showered with love, while Console is looked upon as always being the deprived, under appreciated, lesser loved of the kids who doesn’t receive the same attention and isn’t ever taken seriously, by devs and players alike.

    Hope console gets future inclusion into these special events like the one you mentioned.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201595/my-annoyance-with-dbd-events-tourneys-and-others-excluding-console

    That’s one of the reasons I turned crossplay off from it’s initiation. DBD seems PC dominant as far as performance is concerned. I never felt, nor will I ever feel that cohesion between PC and Console will ever be possible. PC feels like the favourite child, catered to by the parents and showered with love, while Console is looked upon as always being the deprived, under appreciated, lesser loved of the kids who doesn’t receive the same attention and isn’t ever taken seriously, by devs and players alike.

    Hope console gets future inclusion into these special events like the one you mentioned.

    It's PC dominant because that's where it was released on and probably what it's optimized for. The optimization isn't the best for PC and it took me getting a new PC earlier this year to play on medium with a steady framerate. I get the struggle console is going through because i have played this game since 2016. First few years were on a awful laptop getting 15-30 fps more often than not under 20 fps.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711911#Comment_1711911

    It's PC dominant because that's where it was released on and probably what it's optimized for. The optimization isn't the best for PC and it took me getting a new PC earlier this year to play on medium with a steady framerate. I get the struggle console is going through because i have played this game since 2016. First few years were on a awful laptop getting 15-30 fps more often than not under 20 fps.

    Those frames and level of performance are common on console right now, today, after more than two years of being ported. I get the OP's fustration with feeling overlooked if not left behind. The recent event charm code system through the fog whisperers clearly illustrates how a fun idea was not even thought out from the console pov.

  • Definitely feels like console is after thought for everything. Console players in August told them that 32 digit limited codes were biased towards pc, DBD acknowledged those players on Twitter only to do it again with limited event DwightCrow while making fog whisperers deal with flack and figure out how to help console players. Console said that graphic updates were worrysome for performance, they said they'd take special care and now ps4 performance has been busted more than usual during an event and switch has ridic fog. This auric cell give away excluding ps4 players is just adding to the list of examples of DBD not giving a crap about console players.