Where is the hotfix for ps4? We are customers and deserve information from the devs

It's been now over a week since we got the worst patch in DBD's history performance-wise for ps4. While I'm very glad and appreciate that you developers ACKNOWLEDGED the issue very fast I think it's time for us ps4 players to know what is the current situation with the hotfix and if there's even a loose ETA for it.

There's only half of the event left and the game on ps4 still suffers from immense stutter, fps drops and lag with no reason. The game is nearly unplayable and hurts eyes every match. The camera twitches 180 degrees in the wrong direction from a normal hit, if someone else is hooked etc. and the frames are bad inconsistently but multiple times during a single match.

We are customers and your product is supposed to be in a condition that you have advertised it to be when we have bought it. We can't enjoy the event (let alone the double BP event) with the game in this condition and only the most masochistic ones of us even dare to touch killer. I think it's only fair to give us an update about the situation and if you cannot finish the hotfix before double BP or before the event is over, are you going to continue those to compensate for the lost time?

While I understand the issues can be hard to find and duplicate and the hotfix takes time because of that, I just want information if we have to suffer through this to get Halloween items and BP or can we wait the fix in peace and play and enjoy the event after it is released. Thank you.

@Peanits @not_Queen @MandyTalk

Comments

  • they said "later this week" - usually updates from bhvr come either on tuesday or thursday, so there you go.


    however, it will just be a tentative fix, so we don't know if the problem will actually be solved or it will just be a small band aid.


    Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 15.44.25.png


  • If it was PC the hotfix would be __________________?

  • @Nobsyde said:

    they said "later this week" - usually updates from bhvr come either on tuesday or thursday, so there you go.

    however, it will just be a tentative fix, so we don't know if the problem will actually be solved or it will just be a small band aid.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UPSAWCHF64Q8/screenshot-2020-10-27-at-15-44-25.png

    Ok, that's good to know. Weird that they haven't put the info on the top of the forum page. I really hope it fixes most issues but even a band aid fix is welcome at this point.

  • I’m beginning to wonder if PlayStation is about to become the red headed stepchild for DBD platforms. Look at the recent Auric Cell giveaway. Every platform but PS4 is eligible for it.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’m beginning to wonder if PlayStation is about to become the red headed stepchild for DBD platforms. Look at the recent Auric Cell giveaway. Every platform but PS4 is eligible for it.

    What giveaway is that? I haven't seen anything, although I only follow the forums and subreddit. Is it a social media thing or something?

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’m beginning to wonder if PlayStation is about to become the red headed stepchild for DBD platforms. Look at the recent Auric Cell giveaway. Every platform but PS4 is eligible for it.

    I saw that. They're really dropping the ball for the ps player base. 😒

  • @Stinde said:

    It's been now over a week since we got the worst patch in DBD's history performance-wise for ps4. While I'm very glad and appreciate that you developers ACKNOWLEDGED the issue very fast I think it's time for us ps4 players to know what is the current situation with the hotfix and if there's even a loose ETA for it.

    There's only half of the event left and the game on ps4 still suffers from immense stutter, fps drops and lag with no reason. The game is nearly unplayable and hurts eyes every match. The camera twitches 180 degrees in the wrong direction from a normal hit, if someone else is hooked etc. and the frames are bad inconsistently but multiple times during a single match.

    We are customers and your product is supposed to be in a condition that you have advertised it to be when we have bought it. We can't enjoy the event (let alone the double BP event) with the game in this condition and only the most masochistic ones of us even dare to touch killer. I think it's only fair to give us an update about the situation and if you cannot finish the hotfix before double BP or before the event is over, are you going to continue those to compensate for the lost time?

    While I understand the issues can be hard to find and duplicate and the hotfix takes time because of that, I just want information if we have to suffer through this to get Halloween items and BP or can we wait the fix in peace and play and enjoy the event after it is released. Thank you.

    @Peanits @not_Queen @MandyTalk

    Agreed!! I haven’t played since the update and it’s unplayable to me. waiting every day. Have money invested in this game.

  • I think PlayStation 4 will still be a big part of DBD because I read an article online that DBD will have a special update for PlayStation 5 players. Free to download on the PS5 as well as additional features

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’m beginning to wonder if PlayStation is about to become the red headed stepchild for DBD platforms. Look at the recent Auric Cell giveaway. Every platform but PS4 is eligible for it.

    Wait theirs an auric cell giveaway on everything else what

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’m beginning to wonder if PlayStation is about to become the red headed stepchild for DBD platforms. Look at the recent Auric Cell giveaway. Every platform but PS4 is eligible for it.

    @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711826#Comment_1711826

    What giveaway is that? I haven't seen anything, although I only follow the forums and subreddit. Is it a social media thing or something?

    Nvm, I found it. It isn't even available in my region. If it was and I was lucky enough to get the auric cell prize I would probably slowly transition to PC since my bf has build a proper gaming PC.

    Otherwise I wouldn't even think about it considering the time I have dedicated to the ps4 version. And since I've bought every original dlc character with shards and have now half the killers P3-50 all perks and 4 survivors P3-50 all perks I won't go through the grind again and I certainly wouldn't buy every original DLC with money.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711826#Comment_1711826

    it may be sony preventing them from letting ps4 players participate, but that's just a theory really.

    But why though? Sony has done some weird things in the past, but this would make no sense at all, especially after they’ve allowed other devs to do contests for their games. I highly doubt that Sony is the reason the giveaway isn’t on PS4.

    @Larz02Barz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711826#Comment_1711826

    Wait theirs an auric cell giveaway on everything else what

    HARVEST THE HALLOWED BOUNTY AND GAIN THE ENTITY'S FAVOR. Get a chance to win a full year's supply of Auric Cells and more: 10 winners will each receive : 1 digital copy of the Game on the Steam platform 10 winners will each receive: 1 digital copy of the Game on the platform of his or her choice between Steam, Xbox or Switch, as well as 1 “Descend Beyond Pack” in his or her Game account on one platform of choice between Steam, Xbox or Switch. The “Descend Beyond Pack” includes Felix + Ancestral Roots Outift, The Blight + Sophisticated Horror Outfit + 1M Bloodpoints 1 Grand Prize winner will receive: 1 digital copy of the Game on the platform of his or her choice between Steam, Xbox or Switch, as well as 1,000 Auric Cells (Game’s virtual currency) a week for 1 year in his or her Game account on one platform of choice between Mobile, Steam, Xbox or Switch ​ The promo runs from October 27 at 4:30 PM ET to November 2 at 11:59 PM ET. Draw date is on November 3, 2020. The more entries, the higher chances of winning. Enter now by completing one or more actions below. Terms and conditions apply.

    It just began today at 4:30 PM EST. It’s only in certain regions, so you might not be able to access it.

  • My biggest issue with the lag, is that it makes me not want to play the game. That or I feel like I'm getting cheated due to the hit detection being off for my character. My ps4 friends have run into pallets not being thrown or have zero effect. Not getting hits as killers, getting pallet stunned a few feet past the pallet. Having the game slow down to a crawl.

    If the lag continues through the double bloodpoint event or the entire Halloween event I sure hope the devs make special consideration for ps4 users. I could rake in several million bloodpoints during the double bloodpoint event. At the very least they should compensate the ps4 players. But it would be great if the ps4 users get their own double bloodpoint event after the lag is fixed. But that's probably a pipe dream.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711902#Comment_1711902

    But why though? Sony has done some weird things in the past, but this would make no sense at all, especially after they’ve allowed other devs to do contests for their games. I highly doubt that Sony is the reason the giveaway isn’t on PS4.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1711952#Comment_1711952

    https://gleam.io/1XW8m/the-hallowed-bounty

    It just began today at 4:30 PM EST. It’s only in certain regions, so you might not be able to access it.

    Thats some bs I wanna join that

  • Haven't played since the patch, i do log in each day to get the "event" daily rewards then log straight back out. Couple of horror games newly on the scene thats worth trying while you wait on a fix. Same ones a lot of DBD streamers are playing.