MLGA, is it considered a 3rd party software?
Hi there, I've been recently using MLGA to monitor my ping towards the host along with the ping towards google (my internet is not the best, so I want to immediately know if it's me or the host lagging).
The thing with it is, it has a feature about blocking players and giving you the possibility to dodge their lobbies since you would know from the lobby rather than in game. I know that devs have mentioned this software multiple times, but since the banning system is getting changes and they were never really sure on what to do about it, does anybody know if it's still fine to use it on the new version?
Comments
Sure, or you can use the ingame ping indicator.
Not whitelisted - so bannable.
Well, it's made by a third party, and it is software. I'd say it qualifies. It's "use at your own risk", meaning that if it triggers EAC, you're perma-banned, and there's nothing the devs can do about it.
Wait is there a way to disable the blocking thing and make sure that it doesn't give me trouble? Like if it still has the blocking feature I'm assuming that it would be detected?> @Orion said:
I think that I read from the software info itself that it doesn't really touch the anticheats and neither it probably interferes with the game process itself; I remember that I also read that the blocking feature had been removed, but I also heard a famous streamer, Morf_UK, saying that it's actually still a thing.
It's probably just stuff about your network, but of course actually the blocking feature should have something to do with Steam/DBD.
The game has a built-in ping indicator, and you really shouldn't be blocking people anyway, for obvious reasons. Why, exactly, do you need MLGA so bad that you'd be willing to risk a permanent ban?
Note that the only whitelisted programs are now those whitelisted from EAC, we dont have a BVHVR-whitelist anymore:
@Vert3x I asked the support that very question and here is the official answer:
It was listed as "use at your own risk" by the developers.
Wait, could this make Discord anything risky too?
I was saying that the software has that feature, I personally don't use it but, as far as I know, it actually depends on people who you blocked on Steam. At this point I'm getting rid of it. And actually, the build-in ping indicator doesn't show up in game, and it often happens that it would be useful to know in game what is your ping towards the host.
Since dedicated servers aren't free and BHVR's like you know what, let's spend money on Dead Garden, at least don't make MLGA bannable, measuring the ping towards the host is so easy that a java and lightweight software does the thing really quickly, but apparently DbD devs aren't able to do such a thing neither.
Sorry for being mean, but this game's gone over the top of inconceivability. I do not care if a person plays in a certain way, I won't block them to dodge their lobbies or anything like that, I could block Steam profile comment harassers and do what I personally want with the Steam block feature, if mlga shows me that I blocked the host in the lobby I won't dodge it, I don't mind.