Naming Trolls

This is the second time I've posted about survivors trolling other survivors. Intentionally giving away one another's positions and working with the killer.


I get that there's a report function, but I'm starting to doubt it actually leads to any action taken. Is anyone else up for a forum that lists the profiles of trolls so that decent people can just block them preemptively and let them all ruin each other's games instead?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • No, there is no name and shame. Did you record them and send in the recording?

  • If they really are out to troll other players, instead of honest mistakes, what's to stop them from simply changing their names?

  • Yes. Like I have each time. I love the game but I swear this is the most toxic community outside of PUBG.

  • @Orion said:

    No, there is no name and shame. Did you record them and send in the recording?

    Yes. Like I have each time. I love the game but I swear this is the most toxic community outside of PUBG.

  • @ChiefDankyWoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710551#Comment_1710551

    Yes. Like I have each time. I love the game but I swear this is the most toxic community outside of PUBG.

    I've seen a lot worse communities. Siege is pretty bad.

  • If reporting is done correctly then action is taken if people are breaking game rules - which means and in game report would have to be made plus video evidence sent to our support address. Proving that survivors are deliberately working with the killer is not all that easy to prove, it would have to very, very clear that they were friends for example.

    I've seen quite a few people complain and say they are reporting other survivors for not helping them, not unhooking them etc - this is not something that is reportable, neither is farming someone off a hook in front of the killer. Survivors do not have to help each other, it's more beneficial but if someone goes into the match and thinks purely of themselves that's the choice they make and it's not against game rules in the slightest.

    And no, we would not allow anywhere which names people in game in this manner, that would lead to abuse. And plenty of naming & shaming and posts such as "avoid this person, they camped me" - which again, is entirely within the rules of the game.

  • @NoRage as long as no in game rules are broken that's not my concern...and we also do not have any control on what is done on another platform, in this case I am presuming you are referring to Twitch.

  • No stream sniping is not reportable to DbD at all, because we do not have control over what happens on other platforms.

    Twitch has stream sniping against their TOS but I've never known them to take action on this.