Uncommon to Ultra-Rare addon rarity change after the patch

Hey guys! I was just watching agnrgypug's stream for the new update and I noticed something really disturbing. I saw it in the patch notes time ago but I was not sure how the developer would deal with that so I was waiting for the release. So there was one wraith uncommon addon that was changed to ultra-rare. And Angrypug is a guy who plays a lot and is survivor main but he has tons of uncommon addons on the killers too. Now with the patch changes he has nearly 200 of that ultra-rare addon/most of any addons he had/ ... I saw other people reporting in his chat having nearly 300 of these and it seems they were super useless and very common before the patch so ppl have huge stacks of them cause they haven't used them. I have to say 200-300 and ultra-rare doesn't sound right to me. Have they done that before and how come it is a thing, like ######### ?

Comments

  • I also intentionally bought 180 on my Wraith. 

    Yes its stupid. 

    But to be honest i tried that addon and the rattling sound is still there so you can still hear him if you pay attention.
  • So I have to pretend that this is not a ultra-rare and just deal with it for the next year or god knows for how long these stacks of ultra rares across all killers will last. This is bullshit. I really want to hear what the devs have to say about this. I think that's a huge oversight. They shoud've reduce the amount of the addons based on the past rarity and the new one/event though with the changes being posted so long ago people could've easly abuse that which means the reduction has to be bigger/. They really need to hotfix this ...

  • It's not an oversight, they are aware of it. However, it's really not that strong an ultra rare Add-on. If it were a one-hit one it would be different.

  • @DocOctober said:
    It's not an oversight, they are aware of it. However, it's really not that strong an ultra rare Add-on. If it were a one-hit one it would be different.

    Can you post the link where they told you they are aware of it and they are okay with it/othwrwise I call this bullshit/? If it wasn't a strong addon they wouldnt make it an ultra-rare and I am sorry but there is no excuse to have 300+ ultra-rare or even rare addons/regardless of what the addon does/ and also ALLOWING people to farm it long before the patch arrives bacause they knew about it

  • Dude, they presented those buffs on the Stream and even wrote the rarity changes into both the PTB and the regular Patch Notes.

    How could they possibly NOT be aware of it?

    If you still get hung up on that, join the DbD Alliance Discord and ask the devs directly.
  • @DocOctober said:
    If you still get hung up on that, join the DbD Alliance Discord and ask the devs directly.

    Interesting - I didn't know the devs would talk on discord. Ill check that!

  • Well I tried on discord but I didn't find anyone who can actually help me there either. All I heard was similar to what you said DocOctober - "that was intended, otherwise they wouldn't have just changed it" which does not make any sense. It is like justifiying any other problems the game may have currently with - if it's in the game it is intended. Well I just watched a video few hours ago where survivor spawns infront of the bunny on the new map. Can I call that intended or is it a oversight - something so simple though that should never happen but it still hapenned. And the more I think about it, even more problems I find about the whole conversion - like for example - uncommon addons cost 4k while ultra rares are 7k BP almost twice the ammount of the uncommon which means you spent much much less BPs on these ultras.