Why is playing killer suddenly so much harder or am I losing it?

As the title implies. Why is killer suddenly so much harder? I've been playing for years but more consistently since the release of Oni. The majority of that time has been spent as killer and while I'm not the best I have been consistently rank 1.

Until recently. Since the last reset and the update literally every game is a pure sweat fest and no matter which killer I use and what perks I have I can't buy a kill! Every chase seems to be impossible because I can't hear anything over the chase music! They seem to find twice as many pallets as usual and they're always safe pallets. Every totem is gone almost instantly especially if I use undying which always goes in the first 15 seconds. Generators are always being finished so fast that I can't find a single person before one pops and when I DO find someone two more always pop instantly. The (completely unnecessary) pop nerf means when I do finally catch someone I either let them get unhooked and seemingly instantly healed to go hit a gen or the gen gets finished and my pop does nothing. And just to top it off I'm looking directly at walls and still getting blinded by people!

Is there something I'm missing? I'm doing everything exactly the same as before and yet I almost never get a single kill anymore let alone a 4k!

Comments

  • @James4125 said:

    As the title implies. Why is killer suddenly so much harder? I've been playing for years but more consistently since the release of Oni. The majority of that time has been spent as killer and while I'm not the best I have been consistently rank 1.

    Until recently. Since the last reset and the update literally every game is a pure sweat fest and no matter which killer I use and what perks I have I can't buy a kill! Every chase seems to be impossible because I can't hear anything over the chase music! They seem to find twice as many pallets as usual and they're always safe pallets. Every totem is gone almost instantly especially if I use undying which always goes in the first 15 seconds. Generators are always being finished so fast that I can't find a single person before one pops and when I DO find someone two more always pop instantly. The (completely unnecessary) pop nerf means when I do finally catch someone I either let them get unhooked and seemingly instantly healed to go hit a gen or the gen gets finished and my pop does nothing. And just to top it off I'm looking directly at walls and still getting blinded by people!

    Is there something I'm missing? I'm doing everything exactly the same as before and yet I almost never get a single kill anymore let alone a 4k!

    Another route they could take would be adding different win condition Trials. They can add as many new killers and maps but gens shouldn't be the only objective in this game. It's getting old

  • @James4125 said:

    As the title implies. Why is killer suddenly so much harder? I've been playing for years but more consistently since the release of Oni. The majority of that time has been spent as killer and while I'm not the best I have been consistently rank 1.

    Until recently. Since the last reset and the update literally every game is a pure sweat fest and no matter which killer I use and what perks I have I can't buy a kill! Every chase seems to be impossible because I can't hear anything over the chase music! They seem to find twice as many pallets as usual and they're always safe pallets. Every totem is gone almost instantly especially if I use undying which always goes in the first 15 seconds. Generators are always being finished so fast that I can't find a single person before one pops and when I DO find someone two more always pop instantly. The (completely unnecessary) pop nerf means when I do finally catch someone I either let them get unhooked and seemingly instantly healed to go hit a gen or the gen gets finished and my pop does nothing. And just to top it off I'm looking directly at walls and still getting blinded by people!

    Is there something I'm missing? I'm doing everything exactly the same as before and yet I almost never get a single kill anymore let alone a 4k!

    survivor sided

  • @James4125 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709483#Comment_1709483

    Nope. The generator was on the far side of the room and Bill was only on the far side of the pallet.

    That might be a case of the free iron will bug which I mentioned is probably one of the only sound bugs atm.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1709664#Comment_1709664

    That might be a case of the free iron will bug which I mentioned is probably one of the only sound bugs atm.

    I've encountered that before but this was different. At times I could hear him almost as if he was right on top of me but when he actually was nearby it sounded as though he wasn't.

1 2 ›