New crow sounds are too distracting.

I noticed that with the new update, you can hear crows caw all the time (even when they're just resting on a random spot), like they used to do on a locker when someone was afk.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I find these sounds quite distracting. Anyone else?

Comments

  • I keep wondering which of my teammates is AFK before realizing that it's just how the crows sound now.

    So yeah, it's a bit distracting. I think having the crows caw as ambience is fine, but their audio should be differentiated from the Stillness Crows.

  • It might be a bit distracting, but it's good information for both sides. You KNOW the crows are there, which causes you to look. By doing so, you are now informed of multiple things:

    • There are crows there. If you run through them, you will give up your position.
    • There are crows there. Nobody has recently run through there.
    • There are crows there. If someone else approaches from that direction, those crows will be a dead give away unless they are stealthing, in which case they are moving at a hindered speed.
    • There are crows there.

    The small amount of distraction is, in my poopy-butt opinion, a small price to pay for the direct intel they are feeding you. And now, they let you know they are there to give you that intel, which is a pretty nice thing for a dumb bird to do with their free time.

    @APoipleTurtle said:

    I keep wondering which of my teammates is AFK before realizing that it's just how the crows sound now.

    So yeah, it's a bit distracting. I think having the crows caw as ambience is fine, but their audio should be differentiated from the Stillness Crows.

    On THAT point, I agree. Making their perching sound different from when they are actively signaling an event would be a nice improvement.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I noticed that with the new update, you can hear crows caw all the time (even when they're just resting on a random spot), like they used to do on a locker when someone was afk.

    It might be an unpopular opinion, but I find these sounds quite distracting. Anyone else?

    I thought it was a bug, as a killer it made me waste a lot of time.

    I really don't get why BHVR add these changes, especially when every stream when asked about important stuff the answer is always "we have a pipeline, we can only do so much...".


    Yeah, sure.

  • I think you mean now the crow sounds just play randomly? Because I have heard them when no one is near, no killer, no survivor, not even a crow. Or is there a new mechanic to trigger the sound that I don't know about?