Hooks should work like cages

I think that if the killer is camping too much near the hook, it should do the same thing as the cages of atonement.

You get teleported away

Comments

  • I thought this was going to be about replacing the space bar struggle phase with the skill checks cages use. (I hope they do that eventually, they asked about it in a survey after the Silent Hill patch but haven’t said anything one way or another since then. Might be a good Q&A question....)

    Camping a hook is generally a bad strategy if the survivors are smart enough to stay away from it and do the gens for a bit. If the survivors aren’t coming to the killer and they’re just standing around doing nothing at a hook then they’re going to lose the game as the generators fly. You have to go to survivors if they’re not coming to you. (Of course at the very end of the game when the exits are open and one survivor is on hook there’s no reason not to guard that hook. But camping a lone hook midgame is a losing strategy against savvy survivors.)

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    I think that if the killer is camping too much near the hook, it should do the same thing as the cages of atonement.

    You get teleported away

    I hate camping as much as the next guy but sometimes you gotta camp. Also survivors could abuse the fk out of it. They sometimes do with phead cages.

  • Trying to make the hook save, eh? Not on my watch! TELEPORT

  • God i would love this, I would just play a high mobility killer and see how many times I can teleport a single survivor. throw in blindness so they also have no clue where the survivor got teleported too and I have a whole new minigame on my hands