Read my name.

The only reason I'm still here is because I've already invested too much money into this game. Too many issues to count, and instead of slowing down and balancing the game they keep nerfing Killer, and nerfing Killer again. The Spirit needed her nerf (though I'm quite sure it's a bug). It was already a chore getting just a draw against people who aren't even that good, but I find myself dealing with far too much stress for a thing I'm supposed to be relaxing with. Mathieu Cote seems to think irritation is the key to keep people coming back. Nintendo's success and quote from their former CEO proves otherwise. "If it's not fun, why bother?". Any time I see a developer play Killer, they never seem to have fun, and yet... Discordance, a somewhat decent perk, now has a range and cooldown. Oh, goodie. When are you all just gonna get rid of Legion, since y'all hate them and their perks? Why can't auto aim be disabled, when it is an active detriment to the Killer (on console)? Why can't I play SWF with my friends without getting an "unknown error" or having to restart several times? Why do generators go so fast no matter what Killer is chosen? Why was Thanatophobia nerfed after they brought in a perk that WAS the anti-Thanatophobia (Desperate Measures, fave perk)? Why is it that the best Survivor team versus the best Killer using their main will result in the Survivor team winning with three escapes most of the time? Why are maps so RNG reliant? For that matter, why are certain Killer powers RNG reliant? Why is the Blighted Hook tile entirely visible to anyone who sees auras? Why do these developers, who I KNOW love and care about this game, let half the community suffer for new players, who'll play for a week then go back to whatever? Why did the developers seem to not try with this event? Why is it mostly behind a paywall? When will they acknowledge the power of Decisive Strike in a build that all four Survivors can bring? Why make most Killer perks equal the power of one solid Survivor perk? Why have certain bugs been with the game for four years, despite being common knowledge? I'm tired, man. I used to be a Killer main. It's not fun anymore. It's a chore. It's work. Its draining. And Mr. Cote can't brush it off and say "play Survivor then" anymore. Like it or not, sir, Killers make your game. Without Killers, the Survivors have nothing to survive against. Two sides of the same coin, and all that. I know I'm probably getting banned for speaking my mind. I don't care. It would only prove the point I'm trying to make. If any developers are reading this and have made it this far, thank you. I really do know you all care about and love this game, same as me. That's why I'm posting this. Please, make it more fair? People will complain about not having incredibly powerful things to lord over the other side with, but that's par for the course. The same goes for Killers too. Too many overpowered things either side has, balance is neither one being OP. Until this game is more fair to Killers, I can't even touch Killer. This is my favorite game, and it breaks my heart the state it's in now. Not that the content is bad, quite the opposite. I'm just sick of the same trial, played out in the same fashion on a different map time and time again. Three escape, one dead. Four escape, all on death hook with key. Two escape with a key. An item or offering should not be a shortcut to victory. It should be an enhancer, changing how you play if only slight. Memento Moris, while cool to watch and effective in their brutality, are unfair in their current state. Keys and the Black Lock are also unfair in their current state. No One Escapes Death (I mean, obviously), Pop is a boring but still powerful perk, Decisive Strike is absolutely not an anti-tunnel perk, Adrenaline should not heal someone to the healthy state, etc. I'm sorry if I'm being too harsh, I'm passionate and I dont really know how to control that passion. I really do appreciate all the work that these devs do, I just wish they'd try to make Killer an enjoyable experience for people who enjoy playing Killer.

Comments

  • Also, most of the community feeling themselves up over a properly guessed mindgame is annoying and pathetic.

  • I am ngl, I'm only reading bits and pieces, but I agree with what I see. This game is a mesh of unbalanced aspects. IMO, they need to start from the ground up. Rework all perks so they don't create an entirely new playstyle amongst people. Things like NOED are insanely unbalanced, not saying OP or not enough, but they create a completely new mechanic that is not even guaranteed to be a part of gameplay. It's like flipping a coin, but in the form of a perk. It's not balanced, and it certainly doesn't help that they make so many perks to try and counter them. This creates an entire dynamic between 2 PERKS. They should not be so controversial, instead they should take time to create new mechanics and gamemodes rather than new perks to lure players in to buying their new characters and level them. Keys and moris are both awful IMO, they're just... outright unbalanced, again. I don't even know what to say anymore because the devs are just going to follow up with empty promises, surely.