Why even try playing.

I love this game so much. I have over 3,000 hours with it, it has so much sentimental value between my friends and I, I have merch for it, I've spent well over hundreds to support through skins (I don't even really wear any, default is enough.), and yet this game is just... terrible. I've stuck with the game SO long, since November 2017, I've been a regular to play it. But the game is just a trainwreck.

I think this event is going to make me uninstall, and I don't wanna be one of those "ooh pity me! I'm uninstalling!" people, but I've been around nearly 3 years and the game has been on such a decline with the devs only offering small bandaids here and there to core gameplay.

Here are my final suggestions before I dip for a while:

  • Reduce grind. A lot. Even as a sole DBD player since 2017 (I don't play a single other game anymore), the grind is SO much for hardly anything. The grind is so discouraging and ruthless towards veteran players because it's a constant onslaught of work to where playing isn't even fun, it's just finding the most efficient way to gain BP.
  • Create an alternate gameplay mode or mechanic where perks are not so game changing or enabling. I know this one sounds radical, but how are you supposed to balance a game when you have all these wildly different factors going into it? How are you to fairly balance a game around the fact someone may or may not be able to heal themselves using a perk that is unlocked by levelling? It feels wrong, one major example is the dynamic of NOED vs Adrenaline. There are SO many back and forth arguments about both, well maybe neither should exist and then the devs will have a more controlled gameplay to balance around? That's my suggestion. Perks should be nothing more than number benefits in game like Brutal Strength or Enduring. Not something like gaining a free healthstate for somebody else finishing a generator or instantly making every survivor exposed indefinitely because of a tiny hidden pile of bones. These are drastically enabling perks that create entirely new mechanics to balance around, when they may or may not even be used.
  • Stop pumping out content every month and a half. Or, if you do intend to continue producing so much content, put your effort else where like new maps that are of interest or adding more maps to previous realms. I assure you, atleast half the community does not care about charms enough to go through an entire rift to collect 5 recolored pictures of the trapper's mask on a small shape. I would recommend using this team to try and add in small details in maps, or new items that can be found lying around the map. And maybe even try and take more than 3 months to produce a single chapter? I would LOVE to see a chapter with more than 1 map again. That'll be the day...
  • Don't make escape necessary for good bloodpoints. In my experience as survivor, if you want a good amount of bloodpoints, you HAVE to be a jack of all trades and then some. You cannot afford to step without a purpose even once. The main reason I feel so disappointed playing survivor is the lack of BP. I can run a killer for 5 entire gens and hardly get anywhere above 8,500 bloodpoints if they camp me to death. I'd suggest you make dynamic bloodpoint caps. By this, I mean that if you reach max on a bloodpoint category, the other categories begin to lower their maximum threshold and that category's threshold begins to raise. So if I reached max on Boldness but was still getting chased, then maybe my objective, survival, and altruism bloodpoint cap would lower by 5% and then my boldness bloodpoint cap would raise by 15%, and the process would repeat so forth. Reach 8,000 boldness but low on other categories? Alright, then those categories will have a lower cap and boldness' BP cap will increase.
  • Don't waste your breath. Stop with the pointless livestream promises of "We cannot speak further on that now, but it is something we are looking to do." THESE ARE SO POINTLESS. And yet it's literally all I expect anymore. Obviously, BHVR is not good at holding to promises they make. Look at DBD Mobile and Dedicated servers, both were not ready for release as they had announced months before. Dedicated servers were awful, still somewhat bad, but tolerable, and DBD Mobile came out in April 2020, when it was supposed to come out before the end of 2019.

TL;DR

I love this game but it's awful. I suggest:

Reducing grind, it's insanely annoying for even veterans.

Stop with the gameplay altering perks, that's terrible for balancing.

Stop releasing so much content without focusing on game health or how the content is itself.

Survivors shouldn't have to be a jack of all trades to get a decent amount of bloodpoints.

Stop with the livestreams where it's just a broadcast of "It's something we are looking to do, we cannot speak on it for now though."

Comments