Mount Ormond REVAMP Soon, please?!

I'm here wanting to discuss about an issue that's been in the game for a long while (other than the DS Nerf that is way over due). That issue is that Mount Ormond is a completely god awful map that needs to get a revamp treatment like Lery's, Yamaoka, and now Macmillan.


I'm discussing this because I really love the idea of Mount Ormond because to me the building has a bit of the astatic feel to it like the "Overlook Hotel" from both "The Shining" and "Doctor Sleep". In the image and trailer it looks so devoid of any life, even scaring off vandals or squatters as if the building wasn't too fond of any life entering through it's doors.


image.png

The image presented here is what I'd imagine Mount Ormond should look like, it should feel abandoned and left to rot as if the staff, visitors and owner just dropped everything they were doing and felt as if they had to run away from it. Mount Ormond should feel more like a danger if you're around it, as if the map itself (or the building) is haunted by a dark presence that can't be reasoned with or defeated. The image to me, brings a feeling of isolation and fear as if triggering my survival instincts to kick in for me to find a way to escape it.


image.png

However the Ormond we got doesn't feel scary, or isolated, or dangerous at all. When it was first released as well, the team temporarily made it so that you couldn't go to Ormond due to performance issues occurring on the map, making people lag like crazy because the map felt poorly made and slapped together without a hint of care. Not to mention anytime a survivor gets this map, they feel thrilled and relieved because the survivors know how utterly broken the map is due to the map spawning loops on top of loops that are completely safe. When a killer gets this map, it usually ends in the killer disconnecting or feeling irritated and annoyed because the survivors know how much they can exploit this maps poor design.


I'm asking for a revamp because when I play a map as survivor, I'd rather not feel like: "Oh it's this map, I'm super safe and the killer is super screwed!" When I play survivor, I WANT to feel in danger of dying (or in danger of losing) so that if I end up making mistakes on this map, I can learn what mistake I made and try to do better next time I get this map as survivor to help me better in conflict (or in other words, in a chase). The map has been this way for nearly two year and I would absolutely love to see an Ormond offering without feeling dread for playing killer.


I feel as if the map needs to be shrunken down, there should be more unsafe loops, there should be less loops in general so they don't stack on top of each other, the aura's should finally be fixed on this map so that killers and survivors can properly see through this icy hellhole, and as the added bonus to go along with all of this is to add more atmosphere to the Ormond environment. I would love to see what the Legion has done to Ormond to make the ski resort feel like their own little hideout, I'd also love to see the map feel desolate and decaying but still breathing life as if it was a place that had visitors and workers inhabit the building. I'm talking about this and wanting it to be brought to the map designers attention because I saw real potential in "Darkness Among Us" DLC, with Legion, Ormond and Jeff. However "Darkness Among Us" is considered Dead by Daylights LOWEST point, and that upsets me very deeply. I just feel like the Devs should look over "Darkness Among Us" DLC and think about how to fix it so that it's better than how it is currently (along with looking at nerfing DS).

Comments