What do you guys look for in a Halloween Event?
Just curious, since this event is seeming to get a lot of backlash, what is it you expect? I personally never play any other games so I have no idea what to expect. I feel disappointed mostly because everyone else is.
Personally, I think it would be cool to see the following:
- Special Halloween Maps (Blighted versions of existing maps maybe? But not all of them.)
- New music for ambience in game.
- More bloodpoints/offerings.
Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I'd expect. What about you all?
Comments
Your suggestions are all good, but the main reason for the backlash is the lack of a cool Halloween reward for people to work towards as they play the event. They've historically had event currency that you could earn and redeem for a couple of Halloween blight cosmetic sets. This year, they didn't include the earn-able currency but still put out blight cosmetics for people to buy. It's being rightfully lambasted as a blatant cash-grab rather than a fun, rewarding event to celebrate the holiday. I'll usually earn the 2 cosmetic sets then buy 1-2 more sets. This year I'm not buying any (no matter how cool they look) because I refuse to reward their greed.
Oh yeah. I guess I did overlook that, personally I never liked the extra currency bc they already have so many currencies. I wish it wasn't such a cash grab, but if there was a way to distribute Hallowed cosmetics without a currency, I'm all for it. Maybe after you complete certain archive challenges it offers you an option to choose a piece of them. Dunno. I just hate extra currencies since the first Hallowed event.
I expected blighted gens where while you do them it fills up a vile or for killer its hooks then you can use those viles to buy 6 items or 2 full cosmetics but all we got is cosmetics that are technically earnable at a rate of 70hours per set which no.
Also they announced that we are getting some event addons which are cool but on the bloodweb they are way to rare especially the petals.
I guess the blighted lobby fits but like its not much of an event since so far in my 20ish games ive seen like 3 event items used at all and its kinda the same old same old especially since no one is even using the blighted cosmetics either having seen a single one of those yet at all not even 1 piece of a set.
Also i expected blighted gens but i was kinda hoping for basically the exact same thing as the first halloween event which was my personal favorite
tho are all good thing but it not being able to earn anything event skin you have to buy not earn.
there game out right now with halloween event where you can earn skins for free.
last 2 year you could earn them in dbd but not this year.
also blood point from the event gens and hooks are a joke.