Slight Devour Hope Buff

This buff idea will not change distance, number of survivors required to be unhooked, or stats. This buff idea will ONLY change when it activates.

Idea: Devour Hope will begin as a dull totem. Once a survivor has been unhooked while the killer is outside the required area, the hex will activate.

This buff is mainly meant to help keep the hex safe from being broken before the killer even has the chance to use it. Let me know what you all think.

Comments

  • I think something like this should be implemented.

    Considering it works in stages and only becomes more powerful with more stacks/tokens, it should light up depending on how powered it is, so perhaps something like this ->
    2 Token it becomes faintly lit.
    3 Tokens it becomes dimly lit
    4 Tokens it becomes moderately lit
    5 Tokens it becomes fully lit.

    Perhaps change it to whenever survivor safely unhooks a survivor the killer gains a devour hope token.

    Also, I think in general hex perks should be buffed more, hex totems should start as dull totems and only when their trigger happens do they activate revealing their location. Furthermore cleansing the hex totem won't be enough to rid the survivors of any hex. Any active hex on a survivor or token won't be removed when a hex is totem is cleansed. Survivors can remove the hex from each other but not by one self, they should also implement an equipment for this, so one can remove a hex by one self.

    To give an example:


    Devour Hope - The killer has gotten a number of tokens, the hex totem gets cleansed, the killer keeps the tokens.

    Hex: Ruin - When a survivor get a skill check with it triggers and hexes the survivor, where cleansing the hex: ruin totem won't remove the hex from the survivors, only individually cleansing them from each other will.

    Obviously, there are some hex totems where this might be a bit too strong, like No One Escapes Death, but rather than empowering the killer it should debuff the survivors individually so they will need to remove the hex totem and cleanse it individually.

    I think this would make hex perks much more viable.

  • I actually made a post here, had to edit it for single typo, and now has to be approved - sigh.

    In short, I think it's a good idea, but there should be done several things to improve hex totem play.
    Also revise devour hope to be more fitting of how current mechanics are now.

  • When I first started playing I was suprised that it lit up from the start, I have tried to play Devour hope builds a few times but have never had luck with them, either have to commit to defending the totem and just hope it falls in a 3 gen camp. Totems need a full rework anyway.

  • This buff idea will not change distance, number of survivors required to be unhooked, or stats. This buff idea will ONLY change when it activates.

    Idea: Devour Hope will begin as a dull totem. Once a survivor has been unhooked while the killer is outside the required area, the hex will activate.

    This buff is mainly meant to help keep the hex safe from being broken before the killer even has the chance to use it. Let me know what you all think.

    I don’t think devour hope should appear until it’s already in full effect, if you’re careless enough to allow 5 tokens to build up they deserve to use it  on you .  Like  NOED  you shouldn’t know for sure until it’s happening if you don’t break the totems
  • Why not allow the hex to activate at the start but gets stronger as the Enitiy protects it with each hooked survivor 
    you get increases time on  cleansing to complete and provides the exposed effect 
  • I don’t know about waiting till 3 tokens or whatever, but it definitly shouldn’t be lit before it even has a single token

  • This content has been removed.
  • I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 
  • This content has been removed.
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    A single token wouldn't affect this perk at all. You still need 2 more hooks and by then the survivors will have found it and destroyed it. DH itself doesn't need a fix, the hex system as a whole does.

    Perhaps a fix like in this threads original post: Buff General Hexplay ?

  • @SnakeSound222 said:
    I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 

    They are risk vs reward for a reason.
    You can't just have a hex protected until x is accomplished because then there is almost no risk for the killer to use it.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 

    They are risk vs reward for a reason.
    You can't just have a hex protected until x is accomplished because then there is almost no risk for the killer to use it.

    Lol not with how bad totem spawns are. It’s more like extremely high risk and low reward. You have to pray that Survivors don’t find your totem within a minute or that you manage to successfully defend it long enough to swing the game in your favor. Even then Devour Hope is completely useless until it gets two stacks. It only gets dangerous at three stacks. 
  • SenzuDuck said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 

    They are risk vs reward for a reason.
    You can't just have a hex protected until x is accomplished because then there is almost no risk for the killer to use it.

    1 token isn't even a threat tho, you have at least 2 unhooks remaining until the killer gets his exposed. That should be enough time for a survivor to find the totem anyways and besides, I could argue the same with Huntress Lullaby! :)
  • @SnakeSound222 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 

    They are risk vs reward for a reason.

    You can't just have a hex protected until x is accomplished because then there is almost no risk for the killer to use it.

    Lol not with how bad totem spawns are. It’s more like extremely high risk and low reward. You have to pray that Survivors don’t find your totem within a minute or that you manage to successfully defend it long enough to swing the game in your favor.

    Again - it's called RISK VS REWARD. You risk having your totem broken for the reward of instantly downing survivors and also possibly killing them aswell, sounds like a pretty high tier reward if I'm honest.

    I really don't know what you expect them to do with totem placement. When I play survivor I check places I know totems don't even spawn because it's easy to check.

    "Don't spawn them near gens or survivors" Is a common suggestion I hear. Which wouldn't work because then survivors know they don't need to check their immediate area or near generators.

    Even then Devour Hope is completely useless until it gets two stacks. It only gets dangerous at three stacks

    well, no duh dude - it's almost as if it's a perk that guarantees survivors go down in one hit, it shouldn't be easy to obtain, it should be VERY hard.

  • @Nickenzie said:
    1 token isn't even a threat tho, you have at least 2 unhooks remaining until the killer gets his exposed.

    Except it is, it's one step closer to getting insta-downed.

    That should be enough time for a survivor to find the totem anyways and besides

    So even then the changes wouldn't even be good enough and people would still want to make it stronger.

    I could argue the same with Huntress Lullaby! :)

    Not every perk has to be a show stopper - lullaby works great with The Doctor but you have to take the risk to have a really powerful build.

  • @Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:

    I’d be down for this. The totem should not be able to even be cleansed until the Killer has at least two stacks active. 

    They are risk vs reward for a reason.

    You can't just have a hex protected until x is accomplished because then there is almost no risk for the killer to use it.

    1 token isn't even a threat tho, you have at least 2 unhooks remaining until the killer gets his exposed. That should be enough time for a survivor to find the totem anyways and besides, I could argue the same with Huntress Lullaby! :)

    Yeah, I feel that Huntress' Lullaby is revealed too early. It should not notify survivors until 1 token is achieved.

  • Devour Hope worked better before they added the Survivor hand holding to it. When it used to not give a message about the Exposed state, people actually had to pay attention to what was going on in the game. Now though, any possibly Killer surprise is negated by that ridiculous notification.

    Dumbing down the game in this fashion is good for low ranks, definitely a worthwhile addition to Rank 15 and under, but above Rank 15 these notifications should not be given out. By then, players should have an idea of what's going on and should be able to adapt. Spoonfeeding this information and the ridiculous hand holding that goes along with it is foolish in a competitive MP game like Dead by Daylight.

    That being said, totems shouldn't be lit up like a Christmas Tree at all. They should all be in a "dull" state so that Survivors have another objective to do. Watching what the Killer is doing will give you a good idea of where a Hex Totem is located, and then you can work on taking it down from there. That totem is a personal thing between the Killer and the Entity, the Survivors should not know which one it is until they break it.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    1 token isn't even a threat tho, you have at least 2 unhooks remaining until the killer gets his exposed.

    Except it is, it's one step closer to getting insta-downed.

    That should be enough time for a survivor to find the totem anyways and besides

    So even then the changes wouldn't even be good enough and people would still want to make it stronger.

    I could argue the same with Huntress Lullaby! :)

    Not every perk has to be a show stopper - lullaby works great with The Doctor but you have to take the risk to have a really powerful build.

    I mean yeah but how often does Devour reach 3 tokens? I sometimes switch out Ruin for Devour and 1 in 5 games I'll get enough tokens for the exposed status effect. 1 in 10 games I'll be able to mori survivors with 5 tokens. Seriously I think that you should give this idea a shot and maybe we can apply this to other hex perks that have no tokens such as Third Seal when you haven't attacked any survivor, Huntress Lullaby, and Devour!