I know that Gameusersettings.ini was always allowed to edit for better performance back then. How about engine.ini is that allowed aswell? I need an official yes or no, I don't want to risk a ban but I don't want to miss the opportunity for more and stable fps either.
@AnotherRandy said:
I know that Gameusersettings.ini was always allowed to edit for better performance back then. How about engine.ini is that allowed aswell?
I need an official yes or no, I don't want to risk a ban but I don't want to miss the opportunity for more and stable fps either.
i uncapped the frame rate months ago. it isnt bannable to do that. but i wouldnt mess with anything else.
@AnotherRandy said:
I know that Gameusersettings.ini was always allowed to edit for better performance back then. How about engine.ini is that allowed aswell?
I need an official yes or no, I don't want to risk a ban but I don't want to miss the opportunity for more and stable fps either.
i uncapped the frame rate months ago. it isnt bannable to do that. but i wouldnt mess with anything else.
Hmm, anything official from devs? Is here a possibility to get a direct question and answer to the devs?
I know that Gameusersettings.ini was always allowed to edit for better performance back then. How about engine.ini is that allowed aswell?
I need an official yes or no, I don't want to risk a ban but I don't want to miss the opportunity for more and stable fps either.
i uncapped the frame rate months ago. it isnt bannable to do that. but i wouldnt mess with anything else.
Hmm, anything official from devs? Is here a possibility to get a direct question and answer to the devs?
well considering all i did was uncap my fps i didnt modify any actual game files that alter the games state. its not bannable honestly. the devs will say eac could flag or if it does they wont unban. but your not modifying files to give your self an advantage just better fps. you can do that in any game uncap them
Editing files is not 100% safe. We don't actively hunt you down and ban you for doing something like uncapping the framerate, but if the anti-cheat detects that you're tampering with the files and bans you for it, we won't be able to help you.
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
Editing files is not 100% safe. We don't actively hunt you down and ban you for doing something like uncapping the framerate, but if the anti-cheat detects that you're tampering with the files and bans you for it, we won't be able to help you.
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
This is the same answer everyone gives to any question .. Somehow I can find a super clear answer anywhere, not on steam and not here. Shouldn't be someone in the BHVR team actively working for bans etc? He should now exactly what is allowed and what not and this person should also tell us exactly this. Do you know where I can a clearer answer please?
Editing files is not 100% safe. We don't actively hunt you down and ban you for doing something like uncapping the framerate, but if the anti-cheat detects that you're tampering with the files and bans you for it, we won't be able to help you.
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
This is the same answer everyone gives to any question .. Somehow I can find a super clear answer anywhere, not on steam and not here. Shouldn't be someone in the BHVR team actively working for bans etc? He should now exactly what is allowed and what not and this person should also tell us exactly this. Do you know where I can a clearer answer please?
He literally just said they're not gonna ban you for uncapping the framerate, but if anti-cheat detects you in the files, you're risking a ban. That's the best answer you'll get.
Editing files is not 100% safe. We don't actively hunt you down and ban you for doing something like uncapping the framerate, but if the anti-cheat detects that you're tampering with the files and bans you for it, we won't be able to help you.
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
This is the same answer everyone gives to any question .. Somehow I can find a super clear answer anywhere, not on steam and not here. Shouldn't be someone in the BHVR team actively working for bans etc? He should now exactly what is allowed and what not and this person should also tell us exactly this. Do you know where I can a clearer answer please?
He literally just said they're not gonna ban you for uncapping the framerate, but if anti-cheat detects you in the files, you're risking a ban. That's the best answer you'll get.
Do you even know what is possible to do with engine.ini? They can at least give informations how many people got banned by editing which files, when anti cheats procs etc. That's not some magic to provide these informations, many other devs give exact informations so we player don't need to worry but have the best experience to choose
I think very soon this question will be closed by itself. In the PTB, any settings in the engin.ini did not work in the game, and most likely this change will move to the main build, which may be released today.
@go1gotha said:
I think very soon this question will be closed by itself. In the PTB, any settings in the engin.ini did not work in the game, and most likely this change will move to the main build, which may be released today.
Was not the first the it didn't work on ptb or was it? Can't remember..
Anticheats check specific things.
Mods don't know exact files they check and even if they did, they won't say it.
If you mess with settings files, it's going to be ok, as long as it's relatively same in structure and size. Not for all files.
If you add parameters that shouldn't be there, there's no guarantee that there's no check for that.
Changing existing ones should not be a problem, since it appears that it does not check the author of change or cache of the file.
@go1gotha said:
I think very soon this question will be closed by itself. In the PTB, any settings in the engin.ini did not work in the game, and most likely this change will move to the main build, which may be released today.
Was not the first the it didn't work on ptb or was it? Can't remember..
I can say for sure that this was the first time. Whether it will be blocked or not in the main build - we'll probably find out in a few hours.
Editing files is not 100% safe. We don't actively hunt you down and ban you for doing something like uncapping the framerate, but if the anti-cheat detects that you're tampering with the files and bans you for it, we won't be able to help you.
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
This is the same answer everyone gives to any question .. Somehow I can find a super clear answer anywhere, not on steam and not here. Shouldn't be someone in the BHVR team actively working for bans etc? He should now exactly what is allowed and what not and this person should also tell us exactly this. Do you know where I can a clearer answer please?
We've got a whole team dedicated to bans. Our team will not ban you for uncapping framerate. Our anti-cheat is handled separately though, and if it detects that you're altering files, that's beyond us. That's why it's use at your own risk. We won't ban you, but we can't guarantee that the anti-cheat won't.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
i uncapped the frame rate months ago. it isnt bannable to do that. but i wouldnt mess with anything else.
well considering all i did was uncap my fps i didnt modify any actual game files that alter the games state. its not bannable honestly. the devs will say eac could flag or if it does they wont unban. but your not modifying files to give your self an advantage just better fps. you can do that in any game uncap them
What are you debating on changing?
So the short version, if you decide to do it, you're doing it at your own risk.
They can at least give informations how many people got banned by editing which files, when anti cheats procs etc. That's not some magic to provide these informations, many other devs give exact informations so we player don't need to worry but have the best experience to choose
I think very soon this question will be closed by itself. In the PTB, any settings in the engin.ini did not work in the game, and most likely this change will move to the main build, which may be released today.
Was not the first the it didn't work on ptb or was it? Can't remember..
Why can't they just allow us to set the fps in the ingame settings...
Anticheats check specific things.
Mods don't know exact files they check and even if they did, they won't say it.
If you mess with settings files, it's going to be ok, as long as it's relatively same in structure and size. Not for all files.
If you add parameters that shouldn't be there, there's no guarantee that there's no check for that.
Changing existing ones should not be a problem, since it appears that it does not check the author of change or cache of the file.
I can say for sure that this was the first time. Whether it will be blocked or not in the main build - we'll probably find out in a few hours.
Editing game files to have better fps/ lower graphics is an advantage and should be bannable
Just play legit like everyone else
We've got a whole team dedicated to bans. Our team will not ban you for uncapping framerate. Our anti-cheat is handled separately though, and if it detects that you're altering files, that's beyond us. That's why it's use at your own risk. We won't ban you, but we can't guarantee that the anti-cheat won't.