The Struggle Is Real (Red Rank Myers Stuck In Quicksand)
So I thought I would comment on just how hard it is to advance once you hit Rank-4 playing Myers alone. I will battle my way to within one Pip of getting to three, only to lose pip after pip back to the edge of dropping to five again. I've been told it is impossible to get to Rank-1 playing only Myers, but surely someone has done it? If you are out there and have managed this feat, please let me know. I have to keep up my confidence! I don't want to let Myers down and Halloween swiftly approaches!
Comments
Put on the hospital gown and continuously vault a window. Survivors will flock to your legs and make you goal much more achievable.
On a more serious note, sorry, I got nothing.
It's possible to hit Rank 1 on any killer. Focus on fixing your mistakes when you lose.
I would slap on Ruin / Undying and play with stalk addons every game if you absolutely want to win.
It is really super-duper difficult to get to rank 1 with myers. You don't get enough points for instadown which means you need to do something else like maybe scratched mirror myers all the time or M1 myers at tier 2 with vanity mirror and faster movement while stalking. Also he's weak as hell in the current meta. Pray for bad survivors or you'll never get to rank 1.
I don't main any killer (my scatter brain is constantly switching killers) but Myers is one that I really like to use. However, I have basically accepted at this point that it's rare I get 4K with him (I need to either get really lucky with progressing his Tiers ASAP or run into fake high ranked survivors who are not as good as their rank implies).
That's probably not what you wanted to hear but there are very few killers in this game that you can reliably count on to win you games at high ranks if you're up against competent opponents. It's probably not impossible but in my experience at least, Myers isn't one of them.
Honestly I just hit a point where I just don't care about ranking up or down and just try to play the killers I want for fun rather than worrying about my points and rank and whatnot.
I play Myers all the time at rank 1. Not exclusively though. There's a lot that works against Myers with the pip system. He's a very slow starter and most of his downs come from Tier 3. That alone will cause a safety pip even on a 4k.
I suppose you can load up on slowdown to try and secure gatekeeper points. That's if you're really confident in your chase ability. Also taking a few M1s here and there in Tier 2 forces survivors to stay honest at tiles throughout the game while giving you emblem points.
Red rank Myers main here. Unless my matches were a quick slug fest, and I rarely play that way as its boring, I usually always pip.
But then again I couldn't care less about pips. There is no difference playing killer at rank 1 or 4.
I really appreciate the feedback and help. I really wish I had Monitor & Abuse on him to throw in with Dead Rabbit. I have a Dragon's Horde of good Add-Ons but it seems like every fight is a Brutal or Displeased, with just a hint of wins to keep me in the Red. I don't remember the last time I fought a Solo. *Well in fairness... these could be Solos SO GOOD that they just seem like SWF. At this level it gets much harder to tell until I see them do something with impossible knowledge.
Thanks! I just wanted to know it is possible. That means that should I break into 3 there won't be another quantum leap in difficulty. :) I've almost gotten to 3 so I know If I keep grinding I'll pull it off. Now can I grind my way down to 1 before Halloween.... I'm going to do my best. It is a relief to hear that it is possible. I'm not on your level but with enough curb-stompings, I'm bound to improve. :)
You can do it. For me wins with Mikey feel very rewarding. Making all those survivors believe in the boogeyman.
Its not impossible, just difficult. Myers is a snowball killer. You have to down 2 to 3 people everytime you hit t3. This is not an easy thing to do, but its also not impossible to do it consistently enough to hit r1