How has DBD not gotten full controller support on steam by now?

I always have to use an input mapper so it thinks I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. sometimes it doesn't work 100%. or works on the menus but not in game. Wish it was easier.

Comments

  • I alway used 360 controller never bother using sony brand best I have is x box one controller.

  • Honestly there’s barely any controller support for consoles which have to use controllers :’)

    You get 1 sensitivity slider and that’s it, no acceleration ramp options etc.

  • xbox controllers work with zero issue. I would have assumed the same was true of playstation controllers, seeing as the game is literally available on that platform?

  • I used my elite with no issues 🤷‍♂️

  • @SunderMun said:

    xbox controllers work with zero issue. I would have assumed the same was true of playstation controllers, seeing as the game is literally available on that platform?

    Yeah I have to use input mapper to make the game think it's a 360 controller or it won't work .

  • I am using a Switch Pro controller and it works just fine without third party software.

  • I have used a 360 pad, an Xbox One controller, an Elite 2 controller, and a Switch Pro pad, they all work without issue. Haven't tried a PS4 pad yet, but I'd rather eat my own butt than use one of those. D-Pad in the primary position on the left side, gross.

  • What controller are you using? My PS4 pad works perfectly. I just have to remember that x isn't x.

  • My PS4 Dualshock 2 works perfectly fine when connected via USB. The buttons aren't correct (for example x is a) but pressing x still registers as I've pressed the button and it does what it needs to.

  • Steam has a very nifty controller configuration which i've used for a few thousand hours. Try that.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    I always have to use an input mapper so it thinks I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. sometimes it doesn't work 100%. or works on the menus but not in game. Wish it was easier.

    it does u have to go into steam big picture mode tho