A Chapter based on the cult film Ginger Snaps perhaps?

1_u9Xvr2UdVxYU0xfcBoq_mw.jpeg

For anyone that doesn't know, the film Ginger Snaps was released in the year 2000 and followed sister Brigette and Ginger Fitzgerald. To make a long story short, Ginger is attacked and slowly transforms into a murderous werewolf all the while her sister struggles to cure her. The film deal with themes such as suicide, sexuality, puberty, finding yourself and letting go of toxic relationships. I'm doing my best not to spoil the film for anyone who is interested in watching it, but having a survivor and a killer whose relationship is personal would be an interesting change for Dead by Daylight.((Another reason I wanted Candyman and Helen due to Candyman's desire for her among other interesting themes, but that's another subject I would like to explore))

Here are my reasons they'd be a great fit and ideas I have:

  1. Having Ginger be the killer could solve the community's long desire to have a werewolf as a playable character. I personally believe having Ginger be in werewolf form 24/7 and her transformation would be her power. The character's extremely stylish and I hate to be the one to push expensive skins, you'd get a lot of mileage from her outfits from the original film. An interesting ability that will allow her to rush when certain conditions are met and add a status effect that will infect other survivors. Lycanthropy would be a neat status effect.
  2. Brigette Fitzgerald would work as a survivor and would be a first for Dead by Daylight, you'll finally have a survivor that will struggle with darker urges. So what would I do? Introduce an obsession perk that will allow her to temporarily view the killer or other players' scratch marks. Her other perks could revolve around the support role. I've been toying with the idea for making a thread like this for Michael from the 80's vampire film The Lost Boys as having a survivor struggle with not becoming a killer has been an intriguing concept for me for some time now.
  3. Ginger being taken by the Entity after the events of the first film makes perfect sense and she could easily be a pawn for the Entity's cruel game. Even all the more messed up since she'd be murdering her sister over and over for eternity.
  4. It'd introduce fans of DBD who hasn't seen the original film to this movie. It's the reason I was amped to see Michael, Freddy, Leatherface, Ghostface, and The Pig--this game got me to finally get off my ass then watch Stranger Things and finally download Left for Dead, a game I never got to experience because I never had a PC in the past. I know the developers are huge horror fans, you could see all of the neat references to other films. Examples being: The hooks were inspired by Texas Chainsaw Massacare, most believe the Trapper was inspired by Jason but to me he takes after the early 2000s slasher film Venom. The game has a gritty early 2000s horror vibe. But that's me taking a shot in the dark so. DBD is already becoming the Smash of horror so why not pick up some obscure properties?


Anyways what do you think? Are you a fan of the film?

Comments