Console vs pc

I want to start off by saying i love crossplay. I love the quicker wait times. So turning off crossplay is not an option for me.

Im on console and before crossplay i was rank 4-5 survivor, rank 3 when i sweat it abd got good teams. Also i only play solo. The few times that i played with my daughter i mainly screwed around and died quite quickly.

Since crossplay I haven't gotten past rank 7. I am stuck at 8. Maybe i suck. Probably i suck but im trying to figure out why it's so much harder now.

Is it controls? Framerate? Time playing? Im sure those contribute to it. But really i think it's graphics options.

Was just watching an upload from the King. He was playing on the swamp and i never realized how much there was to see as his screen looked like a day time camping trip. When i play swamp it is so dark i can barely see scratch marks

Ive spent hours playing with the display settings on my TV. If i brighten it up too much theres no detail. And scratches are nearly non existant. Ive found my happy medium but compared to PC options, my medium is trash.

Before crossplay, everyone was in the same graphical mire.

I know it sounds like im crying and i probably am but it really sucks seeing what the game could look like.

So anyone agree? Or do i just really really suck?

Comments

  • There's plenty of PC players with worse specs than console. If it's unfair for console players, how do you think they feel?

    That being said, the game is way too dark on normal (console) graphics to actually see anything, which is honestly a similar situation to the sound issues. It is stupid that you have to play on low settings (I know, not an option for console) to get a decent brightness, or add a filter to reach the same level. Although it's hilarious that better graphical quality = self-nerf.

  • Just looked up the vid I think you were talking about, and while I don't have a PC(so someone can correct me if Im wrong), it looks like he has lower graphics settings than we do on console. From what I understand, lower graphics settings have better visibility and for that reason, some PC players intentionally lower their graphics(also for better framerate).


    Unfortunately, we can't do that on console. I have no idea why; but as someone who prefers framerate/performance over graphics, Id love variable graphic's settings on console. Im going to go out on a limb and say that even on next-gen consoles, we're probably going to have standardized settings for the platform. Even with(what I assume will be) better framerate and graphics, we still won't be able to lower the graphics for better visibility. The game is meant to be darker in it's truest form and if consoles can get even closer to that, that's probably what we're going to get.


    Fortunately though, not all PC players utilize that benefit(some like better graphics over visibility), and even if they do, that's really one of the few areas that PC has a significant advantage, imo.


    Also, just to clarify, I understand PC's have graphics settings because there's a huge range in specs; some PC's are vastly more powerful than others. Consoles all have the same specs(within their platform), so there's no significant reason to provide graphics settings. Imo though, Id love to see graphics settings come to console in some way, so that those of us who care about better performance have a way to get it. I know some games have developed a "Performance Mode," which is a step in the right direction, but still not enough.

  • According to the devs, it's not cheating. And I don't blame him, especially with how dark the new map updates look.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    I want to start off by saying i love crossplay. I love the quicker wait times. So turning off crossplay is not an option for me.

    Im on console and before crossplay i was rank 4-5 survivor, rank 3 when i sweat it abd got good teams. Also i only play solo. The few times that i played with my daughter i mainly screwed around and died quite quickly.

    Since crossplay I haven't gotten past rank 7. I am stuck at 8. Maybe i suck. Probably i suck but im trying to figure out why it's so much harder now.

    Is it controls? Framerate? Time playing? Im sure those contribute to it. But really i think it's graphics options.

    Was just watching an upload from the King. He was playing on the swamp and i never realized how much there was to see as his screen looked like a day time camping trip. When i play swamp it is so dark i can barely see scratch marks

    Ive spent hours playing with the display settings on my TV. If i brighten it up too much theres no detail. And scratches are nearly non existant. Ive found my happy medium but compared to PC options, my medium is trash.

    Before crossplay, everyone was in the same graphical mire.

    I know it sounds like im crying and i probably am but it really sucks seeing what the game could look like.

    So anyone agree? Or do i just really really suck?

    I would say it might be harder because there's now a higher chance to play against more skilled players.

    Also graphic settings,FPS,controls and filter make a HUGE difference in killer gameplay.So there's that too