How would you compensate killers if SWF ≈ Solo ?

So we all know that the gap between solo and SWF is incredibly big right now.

And that one of the most important issues right now is to close that gap between those 2 in order to balance this game better.

Now let's asssume the devs somehow found a way to bring solo very closely to the level of SWF.

How would you realistically buff killers to balance that out?

Comments

  • Reduce size of some maps. Better unsafe-safe pallet ratio for Killers to allow more interactive gameplay. Reduce M1 weapon wipe animation by 0,2-0,3 seconds, reduce survivor speedboost after a hit by half, maybe Whispers basekit.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    1. Buff blindness, because SWF makes it invalid.
    2. A secondary objective (not totems) for better gen speeds.
    3. Exhaustion causes louder breathing.
    4. Weaker killers buffed to Freddy/blights level.

    That's about it, this would help balance out the game a lot more in my opinion.

    I like this.

    I would add Whispers and Spies from the Shadows to be made baseline for Killers only if Devs give Survivors more baseline communication/aura abilities.

  • Eh. Just give me bonus bp for it and that'll be fine. For me 7k or so would do it.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    Reduce size of some maps. Better unsafe-safe pallet ratio for Killers to allow more interactive gameplay. Reduce M1 weapon wipe animation by 0,2-0,3 seconds, reduce survivor speedboost after a hit by half, maybe Whispers basekit.

    I agree with the map and pallet changes but i think the rest would be a little bit too much.

    Especially if you pair that with Save the Best for last

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688391#Comment_1688391

    I agree with the map and pallet changes but i think the rest would be a little bit too much.

    Especially if you pair that with Save the Best for last

    Don´t forget this is only to accomodate for the hypothetical severe solo bufs, I think it´s justified. Would help the M1 Killers more then the OP ones.

  • communication is KEY in this game. Unless I am misreading what you are saying, you don't seem to seem to think it is a big deal? That is the most wrong take I've seen on these forums. (which is a big list of crazy things said here) So I feel like I am not reading what you said correctly>



    SWF with communcation is the greatest advantage a group has. talking in discord giving out info is better then all perks in the game by FAR. Sure Skill does matter. You have 4 newbies playing their first game against a killer that has played before, and they can talk all they want, they are going to die, but you get people with any experience vs each other, and the killer will lose lot more because of communcation then anything else.



    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1686480#Comment_1686480

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni

    As I stated before, this is simply untrue information.

    You can be a reliable teammate with great coordination without comms. This has been proven time after time. Communication does not give you the skill needed to successfully win a match. You can have all the information in the world but if you can't loop a killer, are not good with timing (saving, when not to pick up a dying state survivor, recognize the killer is camping so therefore make yourself useful etc.) You will most likely fail if not cost your team time which they do not have.

    This isn't as black and white as many claim it is, is what I am saying.

    For too long solo queue survivors have been used as "They are just not as good because of comms" excuse in order to excuse these uneeded "buffs" for killers.


  • Firstly... how many people want to miss the whole point of this discussion? Seriously, create your own thread if you want to discus HOW to close the gap.


    I think the killers mostly suffer from finding survivors and getting in chases quick enough. So I think some mechanic that allows killers to find survivors easier, without being unfair to the survivors. Perhaps even just a way to know where survivors are roughly.

    When you see a gen with progress the killer needs to know if survivors are still near by, and if its worth checking the area or moving to another gen.

    Perhaps the longer a killer stays near a hiding survivor, the more clues they get to location. Stay long enough and it basically shows you the survivors aura.

    Basically I am thinking of ways to save the killer's precious time, as they won't have much of it to spare.

1 2 ›