Use of insults and accusations with no base
So why is it that EVERYTHING IS TOXIC, dang gen rushing is toxic, oh no gen rushing when only 2 gens got done in 80 seconds total because you didnt apply enough pressure. Oh he tunneled me even though I was the only one around. Oh he is camping when im his first hook at 2 gens left. Wow they are bodyblocking such tryhard toxic swf. Wow endgame camping what a loser
All these accusations and crap need to stop. Seriously quit blaming others for your pettiness and loss. Yeah sometimes you have to camp or tunnel and sometimes you have to body block and rush those gens. ITS NOT TOXIC. These are strategies that can turn the tides when needed. Dont tell the other side what to do or what not to do and then complain like little children when you encounter it. Yes tunneling and camping is a are at and yes sometimes its need but definitely not at 4 or 5 gens and if you get wrecked over doing them or you end up getting gen rushed or ds or unbreakable or by after bt you shouldn't complain. You asked to get punished by the simple fact you didnt play smartly. This game is about adapting.
Survivors if they get gen rushed quit complaining about tunneling and camping. I do it too but I try and remember that they had no choice if they want to win. If they do it in the beginning for no reason well that's not even toxic it's not like they do it to RUIN your fun its just a scummy way to play and they lose points. Don't dc after you teabag and flashlight click and if you get salty over losing in a swf get better.
AND TO EVERY ONE. Grow. Up. You guys like to complain about eachothers perks and choice of killers and gameplay strats or whether they play with friends. None of you are happy you do somethint someone doesn't like and you use a snarky comment tellling them how to play and when they do you get butt hurt. Youre not a baby quit sucking on your thumb waiting for mommy. I know that there are GREAT and civilized people on this forum but so many of you seem to think that you have to complain about everyone choices and then do it yourself. Yeah it gets annoying some things should be removed and reworked and some things shouldnt be done. But quit assuming things are toxic or unfair and quit labeling things falsely you just add to the cycle. Also quit calling people entitled who want fair and fun games. Killers who dont want to worry about gens arent entitled and survivors who want good teammates or to not be tunneled aren't entitled we are all players and we shouldn't be hypocrites. I complain a lot but at the end of the day when im calm I look at things logically to the best of my ability.
TLDR:don't label things or strats as bad or toxic when in reality the game forces so many situations and the community starts the vicious cycle of complaining and hypocrisy and metas and quit calling people entitled over wamting fair and fun games.
Comments
There are no strategies that I consider toxic, that's right, tunneling, gen rushing, mori on first hook, stacking slowsdowns, slugging, using BNP, using DS and unbreakable, using OoO, camping etc aren't toxic, because they are real gameplay strategies.
I would consider cheating, talking ######### in the end game chat, and literally waiting out the entire bleedout timer while standing over a survivor toxic, because it wastes time.
If you consider basic gameplay strats that you don't like toxic, then I don't know what to say, just change your mindset.
Thats a valid point. I believe they are toxic when it comes with intent. Some people really believe they have to do it or maybe they just want an easy game. Which is either being weak minded or ignorant and none of that is toxic. When you are like oh look that guy beat me before and now ill make sure to make his game miserable, thats toxic.
That is toxic, and against the game rules, also I consider doing anything against the game rules toxic.
Especially those guys who like to give every TTV a hard time, that's just #########.
Toxicity is actively going out of your way to hurt someone else. Everything else is gameplay flaws. Exploitable gameplay flaws, to be sure, but still gameplay flaws.
Yes and that's why I say the intent is what matters
Well this thread went downhill quick...
Yeah he says that if you hit a survivor with bt cuz they ran towards you and even if you take a bt hit then he will target them the rest of the game until they die and that because they took that hit its no longer tunneling. Even though you cant change definitions. Also thanks for being civil
Just try and not get yourself into fights on these forums, I was banned because of that, and my mental health was severely damaged from some of the arguments I had here.
Thank YOU for being civil Komodo :D
Getting one of your mates to artificially tank his rank so two red/purple rankers can queue with him to roflstomp lower ranks is toxic as all hell.
Yeah, that's smurfing, which is just a dick move and is looked down upon in online gaming.
Ignore those guys, they aren't very good at the game, so they stoop to the lowest level of play to win.
I know I got banned for calling someone ignorant
@MusicNerd_TC has a point they usually arent that good nor the toxic ones in general who just like bullying
These are well-made points, and I especially agree with some upset players saying everything under the sun is toxic because of a particular playstyle. It's important for people to ask them selves why they feel a certain way (e.g.: OoO really gripes them, because the killer they play is easily countered by the OoO/swf combination) and also change their expectations (e.g.: If they are finding that situation too difficult, maybe use the round to practice chases).
This could have been worded in a less aggressive way, especially considering the "insult" part of the discussion, but I do get it comes from a place of extreme frustration at the way a section of the DBD community conducts itself. Plus everyone gets like that from time to time. Maybe being more empathic and responsible for our own experiences will promote a more positive community... Who knows!
Only one perk i find toxic...and that is head on. What purpose does it serve? Doesnt help you escape... prolongs the chase for a few more seconds. Barely. Survs mostly pics it to bm.
I agree with this.
There are tactics that aren't my favorite. But I wouldn't consider them toxic.
T-bagging is a debatable one, I do warn you though, you might have others disagree with you (in an aggressive way) on this forum, but I respectfully disagree with you and I'm sure we can both respect each other's opinions.
T-bagging is deliberately going out of your way to taunt and disrespect the killer, it's an example of bad sportsmanship. Even as a survivor main (I used to play both) I never teabag because I've had it happen to me when I'm the killer and it's really provoking.
While some can disagree with me and say 'it's just a game, get over it', keep in mind that the people you're playing with behind the computer (or whatever platform) are human and can easily be provoked. It may be a game, but morality matters.
Any logical person on here doesn't just call people names and call them toxic. That's incredibly juvenile.
But survivors are so toxic man
they use DS and unbreakable
I wouldnt say its an insult but commenting on a behavior