Using key while in dying state

Hey, so i recently started looting items with plunders and got a key few times (I don't use keys at all) and I had 2 games where i was downed near hatch and I couldn't use the key while I was in dying state.

Is this a well known thing or a bug? Please someone guide me to the right path because I am lost...

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Hassaku said:

    Hey, so i recently started looting items with plunders and got a key few times (I don't use keys at all) and I had 2 games where i was downed near hatch and I couldn't use the key while I was in dying state.

    Is this a well known thing or a bug? Please someone guide me to the right path because I am lost...

    You can't use keys while downed. You can't do anything but crawl or recover when you're downed, no matter the circumstances.

  • Everyone knows you have to be STANDING to unlock a hatch on the GROUND that you'd need to preferably lie flat on the ground to open (almost as if you where in the dying state) so as to hide in the tall grass while doing so.


    Bad game design.

  • @Trwth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197998/using-key-while-in-dying-state

    You can't use keys while downed. You can't do anything but crawl or recover when you're downed, no matter the circumstances.

    ok thank you^^

  • @Tricks said:

    Everyone knows you have to be STANDING to unlock a hatch on the GROUND that you'd need to preferably lie flat on the ground to open (almost as if you where in the dying state) so as to hide in the tall grass while doing so.

    Bad game design.

    Please don't try to apply logic on video games.That doesn't work at all :]

  • @Tricks said:

    Everyone knows you have to be STANDING to unlock a hatch on the GROUND that you'd need to preferably lie flat on the ground to open (almost as if you where in the dying state) so as to hide in the tall grass while doing so.

    Bad game design.

    yes because of course realism is such a thing in DbD!

    No @Hassaku this is not a bug. The game is designed that when you're in dying state, you are limited in your actions (same as you can't repair a generator whilst downed), so you do need to be healthy or injured to use any sort of item in the game.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681578#Comment_1681578

    yes because of course realism is such a thing in DbD!

    No @Hassaku this is not a bug. The game is designed that when you're in dying state, you are limited in your actions (same as you can't repair a generator whilst downed), so you do need to be healthy or injured to use any sort of item in the game.

    thanks, I don't know why I had it fixated in my mind that you can actually use keys while being in dying state

  • @Tricks said:

    Everyone knows you have to be STANDING to unlock a hatch on the GROUND that you'd need to preferably lie flat on the ground to open (almost as if you where in the dying state) so as to hide in the tall grass while doing so.

    Bad game design.

    I want Survivors to break their legs when they fall from a building.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681578#Comment_1681578

    I want Survivors to break their legs when they fall from a building.

    And maybe see what the hell a killer actually gets stabbed with by DS.

    "Whatever is at hand" seems so unsatisfying to me.