Change 'Dark Senses' in Tome I

As a survivor main with 1,090 hours in the game, I return regularly because of the archives, and the tomes that come with it. I joined in March 2020 and when I started, Tome II was just ending and Chains of Hate was almost released. Once Tome II ended, I decided to throughly go through the archives and as of present, I have completed almost all the Tomes, not all challenges since some are just BS (such as the Discordance challenge in Tome III) and I am left with the Level 3 of Tome I. I am stuck on the infamous 'Dark Senses' Challenge. Here is a short description

Dark Senses (Survivor Master Challenge)

Complete 4 generators while using the perk Dark Sense

*Complete in a SINGLE trial*


This challenge is very unrealistic. In high ranks, you'd be lucky to even complete 2 generators because up there the motto of survivors is 'genrush'. Not only the fact that you have to be on the generator as it's getting done, you thankfully do not have to do the full generator repair, you have to bring the BS perk, known as Dark Sense. And you can complete 4 generators, just not in a single trial.

Dark Sense : Allows you to see the killer's aura for 5 seconds after any generator is repaired, and 10 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered.

Overall, this is just a really, really poorly made challenge, and there are some tedious Legion challenges in Tome III. I typically play Legion / Spirit / Plague so I'm overall disappointed with those. Here are two solutions.

-Remove the single trial aspect

I understand that this is a Survivor Master challenge, but the challenge is really poorly made

-Reduce the generators to 3

I have done 10 games to test what my average is, and I can complete 3 generators with Dark Sense in a single trial. This may be a little challenging for some, however it's really simple once you try.

Comments

  • Because of how long ago Tome I was, I doubt the devs will change it. You're not only one complaining about this challenge, a lot of people didn't like it. For some reason the devs like to add a couple of BS challenges each Tome (I think Tome II was the only one without them).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I did this in like 2-3 matches lol, you'll get there! Maybe try a build with Prove Thyself, Bond, and Spine Chill so you can clump up on gens with people and then let them be the one to take the chase when the killer shows up.

    Yeah I'm running Dwight with

    Prove Thyself

    Spine Chill

    Resilience

    Dark Sense (man I miss Stake Out)


    However I do not have control over my teammates. A console player messed up one of my matches by completing two gens while I was being chased. I still believe that 4 gens is wayyyy too much.

  • Lol i got it my Second game, I used Dark Sense, Bond and Open Handed.

    Its so easy when you know where people are.

  • I wonder if someone test those challenge before realising them.

  • @Emeal said:

    Lol i got it my Second game, I used Dark Sense, Bond and Open Handed.

    Its so easy when you know where people are.

    Remind me what the aura range is with Open Handed and Bond?


    And @Avilgus I highly doubt they test it

  • I did it on my second try after a long time lmao

  • @hangm_nn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1681566#Comment_1681566

    Remind me what the aura range is with Open Handed and Bond?

    And @Avilgus I highly doubt they test it

    Whats 36+8 = 43??

  • I had no idea of the exact numbers: I thought Bond was 28m and one more thing

    How is the math equation my fault? lmao

    didn't even write it lol

  • @hangm_nn said:

    As a survivor main with 1,090 hours in the game, I return regularly because of the archives, and the tomes that come with it. I joined in March 2020 and when I started, Tome II was just ending and Chains of Hate was almost released. Once Tome II ended, I decided to throughly go through the archives and as of present, I have completed almost all the Tomes, not all challenges since some are just BS (such as the Discordance challenge in Tome III) and I am left with the Level 3 of Tome I. I am stuck on the infamous 'Dark Senses' Challenge. Here is a short description

    Dark Senses (Survivor Master Challenge)

    Complete 4 generators while using the perk Dark Sense

    *Complete in a SINGLE trial*

    This challenge is very unrealistic. In high ranks, you'd be lucky to even complete 2 generators because up there the motto of survivors is 'genrush'. Not only the fact that you have to be on the generator as it's getting done, you thankfully do not have to do the full generator repair, you have to bring the BS perk, known as Dark Sense. And you can complete 4 generators, just not in a single trial.

    Dark Sense : Allows you to see the killer's aura for 5 seconds after any generator is repaired, and 10 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered.

    Overall, this is just a really, really poorly made challenge, and there are some tedious Legion challenges in Tome III. I typically play Legion / Spirit / Plague so I'm overall disappointed with those. Here are two solutions.

    -Remove the single trial aspect

    I understand that this is a Survivor Master challenge, but the challenge is really poorly made

    -Reduce the generators to 3

    I have done 10 games to test what my average is, and I can complete 3 generators with Dark Sense in a single trial. This may be a little challenging for some, however it's really simple once you try.

    My best advice for you if you still haven't got it yet is get in a 4 man swf on coms. You can try to find a group from one of the many discord groups out there.

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197988/change-dark-senses-in-tome-i

    My best advice for you if you still haven't got it yet is get in a 4 man swf on coms. You can try to find a group from one of the many discord groups out there.

    Yeah I'm planning to ask my friends over the weekend. The thing that sucks is that not everybody has a group of swf, and 3, unlike 4 is actually manageable solo-queue

  • @hangm_nn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682497#Comment_1682497

    Yeah I'm planning to ask my friends over the weekend. The thing that sucks is that not everybody has a group of swf, and 3, unlike 4 is actually manageable solo-queue

    I Agree. But I know you will get it bro

  • Just run around with Bond and go on a gen with someone.

    Tell people before match you're doing this challenge, they might ignore it but still there's a chance.