Convince me with the strongest arguments that undying + ruin needs a nerf.

*This isn't a debate thread*

There's been so many threads about ruin and undying. I've made a few myself explaining why I don't think it's that strong and why I think survivors are freaking out about it. So far all I've seen from other people are knee jerk reactions or bad arguments on why the combo needs a nerf.

So give me the best and strongest reason(s) why it needs a nerf. Convince a survivor main. Maybe start at why ruin has suddenly become a cleanse or lose hex perk again that everyone drops everything they're doing to cleanse right away. Then explain the strength of the combo. Don't just go for the worst case scenario...


Here are some arguments I've seen pop up. Improve on them if you want.


Some bad arguments: it takes no skill/ it gives free pressure/ carries bad killers... I think that if ppl thought about things more they'd realise that this doesn't make sense. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't really answer whether or not the perk combo needs a nerf.


An okay argument: solo queue can't handle it. I'd say that in edge cases ruin + undying probably helped the killer win. In most cases where the solo queue team is losing against it, I'd like to remind you that it's solo queue.


I've seen a few others...

Comments

  • It exasperates the gen rush meta. It's a bandaid for a problem that is just going to be continued to be ignored.

    Games with Ruin last longer. Fact. Chases flow much better and eliminates the need to stop and kick a gen.

    Games without it go fast. Fact. Without a stop gap to prevent gens from progressing further when initiating a chase, it's just a constant uphill battle of chasing away survivors only to have them pick up where they left off.

    They need to make baseline changes to gen interaction before they make any additional changes to it. So it both should, and shouldn't be changed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The combo doesn't need a nerf.

    But I'm still on the fence about the Dull Totem aura reading from Undying.

    If it didn't have that effect, then it would literally do nothing on its own. Not that people actually use it by itself, but I think that would make it the only perk in the game that can't be slotted by itself.

1 2 ›