What is passive phasing?

I mean I know what it *looks like* because I watched a video on it before, but what is it for and why are these add-ons useful (if they are)?

Comments

  • It throws survivors off as it looks like you're moving one direction but you're actually going in another, it doesn't really work against good survivors though.

  • I is supposed to make it look like she is phasing.

    So helps to trick survivors into thinking you have phased.

    I prefer speed and reappearance addons myself.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    It throws survivors off as it looks like you're moving one direction but you're actually going in another, it doesn't really work against good survivors though.

    So... basically it's useless xD I usually prefer the speed and duration ones.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1669996#Comment_1669996

    So... basically it's useless xD I usually prefer the speed and duration ones.

    not necessarily useless, I use the purple addon with extra phasing + frequency.. I can tell it throws them off because they'll run right into me at loops

  • Passive phasing is how Spirit blinks and out while moving (doing anything actually). She literally disappears and reappears as she’s moving about. It’s not to pretend to use her ability. It’s to make tracking the Spirits movement really difficult. This addon (like monitor and abuse’s terror radius reduction and Freddy’s multiple base kit abilities) provides a benefit to the killer that isn’t really noticeable or is obvious to the killer utilizing it.

    Is it her best? Probably not.

    Is it worthless? No.

    How do I best use it? Change directions a lot to mind game survivors at loops.

  • Got it, thanks guys!