Is this too much?

image.png

I was going for a hex build.

Comments

  • Too many hex perks with undying


    That would make a total of 3 (4 after gens are done) which means if a totem is destroyed twice NOED becomes useless or if 2 dulls are cleansed

  • Looks ok, but you don't leave many dulls for undying effect to work.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Too many hex perks with undying

    That would make a total of 3 (4 after gens are done) which means if a totem is destroyed twice NOED becomes useless or if 2 dulls are cleansed

    What would you recommend? I have Stridor, BBQ, Corrupt, STBFL, Devour, Pop, Infectious Fright, Whispers...

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665675#Comment_1665675

    What would you recommend? I have Stridor, BBQ, Corrupt, STBFL, Devour, Pop, Infectious Fright, Whispers...

    What killer are you playing with this build?

  • Drop the NOED. I never run more than (3) Hex Totems when Undying in the mix.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196576/is-this-too-much

    Drop the NOED. I never run more than (3) Hex Totems when Undying in the mix.

    Oh my gosh, a famous killer came through my thread.

    Thanks!

  • Thrill of the Hunt is wasted imo. I saw Otz using it and you just cannot defend three totems cross map being cleansed at once. Ruin/Undying is already super broken combo. I’d say more than those two is not helpful. Add BBQ. Add a chase perk.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665687#Comment_1665687

    Oh my gosh, a famous killer came through my thread.

    Thanks!

    I'm not famous, but I appreciate the kind words.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Thrill of the Hunt is wasted imo. I saw Otz using it and you just cannot defend three totems cross map being cleansed at once. Ruin/Undying is already super broken combo. I’d say more than those two is not helpful. Add BBQ. Add a chase perk.

    Well, my caveat to this is I play Myers, and a LOT of Spooky Myers. I find Thrill of the Hunt helps me locate and home in on the Survivors really fast at the start (when pulling a big map). I've found there is a distinct difference in how many grabs I get when I run Thrill of the Hunt and when I don't. I expect it would be wasted on a higher mobility Killer, but for me.... Thrill, Ruin, Undying work VERY well. The audible warning when my Totem's gets touched swings me the right direction to see the Aura Undying shows off, and I can make a more accurate beeline.

    For me, the first minute of the game is pivotal. Myers snowballs, and he is weakest early game. So, my suggestion comes with the context of this.... :)

  • i wouldnt use Undying together with NOED, as NOED needs dull totems to activate, while Undying uses them up throughout the trial.


    Undying is also not great when you use a big number of other Hexes, as every Hex perk you take with you reduces the possible amount of respawns Undying can give.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665694#Comment_1665694

    Well, my caveat to this is I play Myers, and a LOT of Spooky Myers. I find Thrill of the Hunt helps me locate and home in on the Survivors really fast at the start (when pulling a big map). I've found there is a distinct difference in how many grabs I get when I run Thrill of the Hunt and when I don't. I expect it would be wasted on a higher mobility Killer, but for me.... Thrill, Ruin, Undying work VERY well. The audible warning when my Totem's gets touched swings me the right direction to see the Aura Undying shows off, and I can make a more accurate beeline.

    For me, the first minute of the game is pivotal. Myers snowballs, and he is weakest early game. So, my suggestion comes with the context of this.... :)

    If you're playing Peek-A-Boo, you can accomplish the same thing(better, really IMO) with Whispers, and save a hex totem.

  • On Spirit, I would recommend this build (Haunted Grounds, Undying, Ruin, BBQ/Stridor)

  • @spirit72 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665705#Comment_1665705

    If you're playing Peek-A-Boo, you can accomplish the same thing(better, really IMO) with Whispers, and save a hex totem.

    I've tried both. I guess a better way of explaining this is that I'm not really defending my Totems so much as I'm using them to locate the Survivors, sort of like motion sensors. I always get my first audible cue within 15-45 seconds. If I'm not looking the right away, that allows me to turn and get there quick. Thrill provides that, and slows down the cleansing the MOST at the start of the game when all the Totems are still intact. Undying is there to hopefully move Ruin around, but also for the aura trip wires. This too lets me find them very fast.

    I know Hexes are an acquired taste, and you are not the first person to suggest dropping Thrill, but I've tested it so many different ways now that for me at least, this three Hex combination works when doing Myers (any Build). But you are 100% right, I don't run this at all when I'm running any high mobility Killer. It is a waste on them.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665691#Comment_1665691

    On Spirit, I would recommend this build (Haunted Grounds, Undying, Ruin, BBQ/Stridor)

    Thank you! I'm still learning so this is really helpful.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665713#Comment_1665713

    I've tried both. I guess a better way of explaining this is that I'm not really defending my Totems so much as I'm using them to locate the Survivors, sort of like motion sensors. I always get my first audible cue within 15-45 seconds. If I'm not looking the right away, that allows me to turn and get there quick. Thrill provides that, and slows down the cleansing the MOST at the start of the game when all the Totems are still intact. Undying is there to hopefully move Ruin around, but also for the aura trip wires. This too lets me find them very fast.

    I know Hexes are an acquired taste, and you are not the first person to suggest dropping Thrill, but I've tested it so many different ways now that for me at least, this three Hex combination works when doing Myers (any Build). But you are 100% right, I don't run this at all when I'm running any high mobility Killer. It is a waste on them.

    Sorry to interrupt, but are you saying Spirit is a high mobility Killer? I watched Otz's video on general perk builds for killers, and he said said spirit isn't a high mobility killer.

  • I actually think that Undying and NOED do not have good synergy with one another. If you play only those two hex perks, survivors will likely find the one lit Undying totem you have at some point and cleanse it (unless it's on one of the few maps that have solid totem spawns), and it won't be around to work with NOED when the time comes. If you play it with something else that's directly affecting a survivor team (Ruin, for example), the survivor team is really going to be totem hunting, and either dull totems are going to used when the other perk gets cleansed and a transfer happens, and NOED will have no place to land, or Undying will be cleansed. I think NOED/Undying is one of those concepts that looks good in theory on paper, but in practice doesn't actually prove to be effective in practice.

  • NOED is a bit risky as they may take out your totems before it's active.

    Totem builds are quite gimmicky. If you're going to run a totem build you should have Devour somewhere in there imo as it has the chance of winning the game for you more than any other.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665725#Comment_1665725

    Sorry to interrupt, but are you saying Spirit is a high mobility Killer? I watched Otz's video on general perk builds for killers, and he said said spirit isn't a high mobility killer.

    Nope. I didn't address who I think is a high mobility Killer. I just said that running Ruin+Undying+Thrill is important to me playing Myers, and that I think it isn't a necessary combination on Killers that are faster, i.e. high mobility. I used to run Corrupt Intervention (an Otz suggestion) to offset that first pivotal 60 seconds where a Myers has to find the Survivors and try to get out of Tier-1 (if I'm not playing Scratch Mirror that is) and it worked well enough. I started using Thrill of the Hunt and Ruin long before Blight's Undying came out, and found it worked even better than the Corrupt Intervention (for me). Once I got my paws on Undying it started working even better.

    Sticking to the OP's topic he asked if these four were too much. I answered yes, and suggested dropping NOED. My bias for Thrill came through and I rightfully needed to point out why I use that triple Hex configuration.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665738#Comment_1665738

    Nope. I didn't address who I think is a high mobility Killer. I just said that running Ruin+Undying+Thrill is important to me playing Myers, and that I think it isn't a necessary combination on Killers that are faster, i.e. high mobility. I used to run Corrupt Intervention (an Otz suggestion) to offset that first pivotal 60 seconds where a Myers has to find the Survivors and try to get out of Tier-1 (if I'm not playing Scratch Mirror that is) and it worked well enough. I started using Thrill of the Hunt and Ruin long before Blight's Undying came out, and found it worked even better than the Corrupt Intervention (for me). Once I got my paws on Undying it started working even better.

    Sticking to the OP's topic he asked if these four were too much. I answered yes, and suggested dropping NOED. My bias for Thrill came through and I rightfully needed to point out why I use that triple Hex configuration.

    I was the OP that asked this question xD Thank you, I'm still learning so I don't know who are high mobility and who aren't.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665756#Comment_1665756

    I was the OP that asked this question xD Thank you, I'm still learning so I don't know who are high mobility and who aren't.

    Spirit, Nurse, Blight, Freddy, and Hag are all extremely high mobility once you get past their learning curve. Wraith is REALLY fast with the right add-ons (and he will take the right add-ons), and Legion can use their power to cross a lot of real estate too. Hill Billy can also get around the map really fast.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665759#Comment_1665759

    Spirit, Nurse, Blight, Freddy, and Hag are all extremely high mobility once you get past their learning curve. Wraith is REALLY fast with the right add-ons (and he will take the right add-ons), and Legion can use their power to cross a lot of real estate too. Hill Billy can also get around the map really fast.

    Got it. Everybody says Spirit is easy but I'm finding a lot to learn on her! I guess it's because I just have general questions too as killer. I feel like I'm bothering the forum by asking so many.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665768#Comment_1665768

    Got it. Everybody says Spirit is easy but I'm finding a lot to learn on her! I guess it's because I just have general questions too as killer. I feel like I'm bothering the forum by asking so many.

    Everyone always says this or that Killer is "easy" but it is rarely true. What is a fact is Spirit is one of the most powerful Killers in the game. You do have to master some basics. Efficient Generator patrols are required to make her work right OR you take Perks which reveal the location of the Survivors so you can land on them like a brick. Surveillance, a Pig Perk, is really good as is Discordance and Tinkerer. I find that Surveillance works exceptionally well with Ruin and Undying, but you must be pushing them off Generators to make it work. The second they stop working the Generator, it highlights one color and the moment someone jumps back on it, you get a big yellow sign that says Haunting over HERE and kill me.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665713#Comment_1665713

    I've tried both. I guess a better way of explaining this is that I'm not really defending my Totems so much as I'm using them to locate the Survivors, sort of like motion sensors. I always get my first audible cue within 15-45 seconds. If I'm not looking the right away, that allows me to turn and get there quick. Thrill provides that, and slows down the cleansing the MOST at the start of the game when all the Totems are still intact. Undying is there to hopefully move Ruin around, but also for the aura trip wires. This too lets me find them very fast.

    I know Hexes are an acquired taste, and you are not the first person to suggest dropping Thrill, but I've tested it so many different ways now that for me at least, this three Hex combination works when doing Myers (any Build). But you are 100% right, I don't run this at all when I'm running any high mobility Killer. It is a waste on them.

    Yeah, I get it. Might try that next time I play Peekaboo myself.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665773#Comment_1665773

    Everyone always says this or that Killer is "easy" but it is rarely true. What is a fact is Spirit is one of the most powerful Killers in the game. You do have to master some basics. Efficient Generator patrols are required to make her work right OR you take Perks which reveal the location of the Survivors so you can land on them like a brick. Surveillance, a Pig Perk, is really good as is Discordance and Tinkerer. I find that Surveillance works exceptionally well with Ruin and Undying, but you must be pushing them off Generators to make it work. The second they stop working the Generator, it highlights one color and the moment someone jumps back on it, you get a big yellow sign that says Haunting over HERE and kill me.

    So I think since I'm learning maybe I should just not do this build yet? In another thread I made, someone recommended unrelenting.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665782#Comment_1665782

    So I think since I'm learning maybe I should just not do this build yet? In another thread I made, someone recommended unrelenting.

    Well if you don't have all the Perks suggested, you can't do them. :) But if you are brand new, learning the basics is the most important thing. Builds are just builds. Basics are everything. Learn how to apply Generator pressure, and you do that with the most efficient routes. Learn the difference between a basic attack and a Lunge. And from a Spirit standpoint, learn to mind game by making them THINK you are going to Haunt, and then not do it.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665794#Comment_1665794

    Well if you don't have all the Perks suggested, you can't do them. :) But if you are brand new, learning the basics is the most important thing. Builds are just builds. Basics are everything. Learn how to apply Generator pressure, and you do that with the most efficient routes. Learn the difference between a basic attack and a Lunge. And from a Spirit standpoint, learn to mind game by making them THINK you are going to Haunt, and then not do it.

    Got it. Thank you for all your time and patience!