Rift Challenges and Rift Fragments

Let me preface this by saying I don't care about the rifts. I like the extra BP the challenges give, but that's it. I couldn't care less if I complete them or not (and, in fact, have never completed any of them).

With that said, I think it's unacceptable that someone like @DrKnockers05 can complete every single challenge and still not have the required number of fragments to max out the rift. I have a few ideas on how to fix this, which you'll find below.

Removing the "free" fragments

The first solution I thought of was distributing the required rift fragments to reach the maximum tier throughout every challenge and making it so you have to complete challenges to acquire them. This has the added bonuses of not bothering those of us who are not interested in the fragments and allows you (devs) to more or less control the player populations. However, you would have to rework the challenges so no DLC characters are required.

Giving more "free" fragments

This is one of the most obvious ideas, just give more fragments for playing normally. The rift's duration would probably have to be shortened somewhat, to compensate. However, this would annoy people who are not interested in the rift to begin with.

Giving more fragments for completing challenges

This is the other most obvious idea, just give more fragments for completing challenges. Again, the rift's duration would probably need to be shortened. This would benefit people who go for the challenges and would push more people to complete the challenges, since they feel they have a real chance to complete the rift.


Those were the ideas I came up with in a short amount of time. What I'd like to emphasize is, again, that I feel it's unacceptable OK for someone to complete every single challenge and still come up short and that this needs to be solved.

EDIT: Here's another idea. Everyone who completes every single challenge automatically unlocks the entire rift, while everything else stays the same. It's simple and rewards people for playing.

Comments

  • Agreed.

    After the first three rifts and only getting to level 55 (after maxing out my challenges) I kinda gave up on this one. (+There weren't any characters that interested me). This time I didn't have motivation to even complete the challenges.